PG Music Home
Posted By: jford Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/12/18 08:53 AM
So I've been getting teaser emails about some of the upcoming features of Forte 10 (a notation program). One of the new features is Bandora, an auto arranging feature like BIAB. I watched the demo video, and went holy crap, that's Jammer Pro brought back to life (the user interface looks just like Jammer, which hasn't been updated in 10 years). It appears that Bandora will also be released separately.

Forte 10 with Bandora
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/12/18 09:48 AM
That would be interesting to follow how it might progress.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/12/18 12:54 PM
John, you're right. That does look like Jammer Pro. I liked Jammer Pro better than BiaB back in the day as it offered a lot more bang for the buck than BiaB offered. I gave up on it as it was never updated while BiaB was updated.

Note the Jammer Pro was MIDI only.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/12/18 05:00 PM
I have and like Jammer pro, I had a song some years ago, and couldn't find a suitable dance type style in biab, my usual go to software, so used Jammer instead. With the exception of my own guitar riff, I think it worked out ok using a Jammer style. Wasn't that hard to do in Jammer either.

Just watched their promotional video, that IS Jammer! good luck to them.

End of the World.

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/12/18 06:40 PM
Agreed - looks like Jammer Pro 6 and it is still installed/working on my barely two month old new PC Build - with all and all add-ins/add-ons. I don't easily give up old SW - besides I put hard earned money into it and HDD is so cheap anyway)

Larry
Posted By: jford Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/12/18 09:24 PM
I've got Jammer 6 Pro installed with all the style add-ins offered by Soundtrek.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/13/18 06:23 AM
Even the styles look similar, took a screenshot from the video to compare to my jammer styles. Looks like Detective John Ford was on the ball!

Attached picture bandora.jpg
Attached picture Jammer.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/27/18 02:04 PM
I watched the Forte 10 video in which they demonstrated Bandora. Yes, it looks and sounds like the old Jammer.

What struck me most was how cheesy it sounded. It’s all MIDI, of course, so I’m sure it could sound much better than they were doing. But it was like being in a time warp, back to 25 years ago before I had a good MIDI synth. And well before RealTracks and RealDrums which have spoiled me more than I realized.

I think Forte is a day late and a dollar short on this one, especially when you consider the remarkable sounds provided with some other notation programs.
Posted By: jford Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/27/18 02:45 PM
Well, I've got it (upgrade from previous version), but haven't had a chance to really play with it. I'm worried less about the generated sounds and more about the generated MIDI that I would bring into a DAW. It also comes with ScanScore that I would like to try once I get a few other things behind me first.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/27/18 02:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
What struck me most was how cheesy it sounded.

Yes, I had the same impression.

While the performances are pleasant, they don't sound like something that a group of musicians would play.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Forte 10 Notation Is Coming - 11/27/18 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
...It also comes with ScanScore that I would like to try...

Yes, that looks very versatile compared to competitors. Let us know how that goes.
© PG Music Forums