PG Music Home
Posted By: mbsmike Nectar 3 Question - 11/12/18 11:21 PM
Hello all....I hope I'm posting this question in the correct place?

I am considering purchasing Nectar 3. Does anyone know how the install process of Melodyne works?

I have Studio and don't want to risk the potential of a downgrade to Essential with the install. Is it a separate download or installed with Nectar 3? If part of the install can you choose to not install it?

I emailed support a week ago but no reply. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Nectar 3 Question - 11/13/18 02:49 AM
Mike,

When you say you "emailed support", did you email iZotpe support or PG Music support? If it was PG Music support, you'd be better off contacting iZotope since Nectar is a product of that company.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: mbsmike Re: Nectar 3 Question - 11/13/18 04:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Mike,

When you say you "emailed support", did you email iZotpe support or PG Music support? If it was PG Music support, you'd be better off contacting iZotope since Nectar is a product of that company.

Regards,
Noel

Sorry for not being clearer. It was iZotope support. I just asked here because I know some of the users here use Nectar and there are so many smart and friendly folks in this forum!

Thanks for the response Noel.

Mike
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Nectar 3 Question - 11/13/18 04:44 AM
Mike,

It's a good question that you've asked.

I have Melodyne 4 Studio and Nectar 2 and, when I thought of upgrading to Nectar 3, the exact same question occurred to me. It will be interesting to see what the experience of others has been.

I'm guessing that Celemony rather than iZotope will install Melodyne 4 Essential and so it will check and preserve previous installations if they are the superior version.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: mbsmike Re: Nectar 3 Question - 11/13/18 01:50 PM
Received a reply today. Hope this helps others too.

"Thanks for reaching out to us!

That’s certainly an option! Nectar 3 will not automatically install Melodyne 4 Essential. It will need to be downloaded and installed separately.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!"

Awesome!
Mike
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Nectar 3 Question - 11/13/18 02:22 PM
Thanks, Mike!
Posted By: jford Re: Nectar 3 Question - 11/13/18 02:32 PM
If you already have Melodyne Studio, then don't install Melodyne Essential (actually, you most likely won't even be able to authorize Essential - based on having dealt with Celemony on authorization issues before). Your apps (including newly installed apps) will recognize that you already have Melodyne Studio installed and will use Studio for any Melodyne work.

And yes, it's always a separate download and install (at least it has been with every other bundle that has included it), and then you have to authorize it at Celemony's web site, not through iZotope.
© PG Music Forums