PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 12:43 PM
I was chatting with a fellow BIAB user in one of my Facebook music groups and realized that there really aren't any BIAB Facebook groups (at least not English ones). So I was wondering if I started one who would be interested in joining?

Don't get me wrong, the forums here are great and I don't intend to pull people away from them but Facebook is very convenient for sharing and communicating with others, and I think it could be useful for those of us on there and potentially draw in new users.

So who is interested?
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 01:02 PM
BIAB Facebook Group
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 01:26 PM
John, that's the (very nice) Facebook page created by PG Music. I think Samuel Davis Jr. is looking for a user group we could join. As far as I know, this doesn't exist.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 01:29 PM
Thanks John, but that's the BIAB page not a group.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 01:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
John, that's the (very nice) Facebook page created by PG Music. I think Samuel Davis Jr. is looking for a user group we could join. As far as I know, this doesn't exist.
exactly Matt
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 02:02 PM
Great idea!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 02:22 PM
Well, go ahead and create one if you’re willing to moderate it.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 02:52 PM
To quote a famous line from a movie: "Build it and they will come"
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
To quote a famous line from a movie: "Build it and they will come"

And if enough come then Facebook will perhaps consume another forum board. We have many interests beyond music and virtually all the related forums we visited for years have been reduced to virtually nothing by social media.

I’m a somewhat active fb user but I do not like the transient nature of it. If you are not a daily visitor (or more often) active Facebook group posts (or your feed posts) will be quickly buried (not to mention that many of the net forum trolls have migrated to fb and have to be moderated). I can't help but wonder what it might add to this group of civil and well moderated forums.

Having blathered all that I’d certainly support any endeavor that would increase understanding and usage of BiaB.

Not being cantankerous!!! Just curious.

Cheers,

Bud
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/23/18 08:40 PM
I know the difference between a page and a group. However, unless you are looking to do a group (or multiple) with specific aspects about the program (such as BIAB banjo players or BIAB MIDI only songwriters) and want to limit the membership to pre-approved posters, then why not start with the page first (which really doesn't get enough attention) and branch off groups from there based on interest. I bet PGMusic would even support such an endeavor.

I was just pointing out the face that there is a page that probably needs more traffic.

Otherwise, as suggested, just start one and moderate it.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/24/18 04:55 AM
I have a group. The idea is that people can share anything they create using BIAB (covers and originals). It is quite active.

Here is the link
BIAB User Group

PS it started out as a user group for my course but has grown to include other interested people. Happy to have any participants!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/24/18 10:30 AM
Yes. Joanne's page a great site. Enjoy my time I spend there.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: BIAB Facebook Group - 11/24/18 12:00 PM
I just joined Joanne's group. Looks like a great place to interact with other BIAB users on Facebook. Thanks Joanne.
© PG Music Forums