PG Music Home
Posted By: BlueAttitude Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 09:54 AM
Morning folks,

We were contacted by someone from Skunk Radio Live from the UK, he said he had heard our music over on reverbnation and invited us to audition by sending an MP3 of one of our songs and a press package, photos etc.

Apparently if we pass the audition they start plugging the music on their radio station. No fees involved except "we'll deduct 10% of any revenue we help you generate", not sure how they determine what revenue they helped generate??

Anyway, wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Here is the website: https://backstage.skunkradiolive.com/

Thanks!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 01:50 PM
Scam. They almost certainly never listened to your music. They send this same email to everyone on RN, SoundCloud, etc. Same old story about discovering your music. At some point they're gonna ask you for money. They hope you'll be convinced there is something real there by that point and pony up.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 02:00 PM
Yeah, one of those if it seems too good to be true it probably is deals.

I suspected that was the case, thanks for the confirmation!
Posted By: musiclover Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 02:03 PM
https://luciferius.com/beware-srl-network-skunk-radio-live-is-a-scam/
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 02:12 PM

Man, that is quite the interesting read!! I wonder how he really feels about them?!

Thanks guys wink
Glad people were able to help you figure out it was a scam before you went through with it! The internet is a scary place sometimes.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 10:13 PM

Wow! I read most of his page and, honestly, he sounds as full of crap as Skunk Radio!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/25/18 10:26 PM
Yes, I'd listen to him. He "controls a lot", and uses big words like 'aggregate'.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Anyone heard of Skunk Radio Live? - 11/26/18 02:09 AM

Now that is flippin’ funny!
© PG Music Forums