PG Music Home
Posted By: Larry Kehl Nope not yet - 11/27/18 09:02 PM
Just noting no BIAB 2019 (yet)

First person to see it reply and that will be the unoffical "date/time release time hack" grin

Larry
Posted By: musiclover Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 02:22 PM
Well according to PG main page,

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 is here! (or should here be replaced by Nearly Gone)

You better hold your horses until Saturday coming some time I think.

You going to upgrade straight away or wait for a few weeks until all the bugs have been sorted out?

smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: musiclover
You going to upgrade straight away or wait for a few weeks until all the bugs have been sorted out?

smile

Knowing some people will wait, I like to order right away and try to get everything downloaded and installed ASAP. They always post patches, so there is no compelling reason to wait
Posted By: musiclover Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 04:39 PM
Ah was surprised to see that post Pat since I remember from reading older threads you were one of the testers, or was that a few years ago?

smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 08:41 PM
Ah was surprised to see that post Pat since I remember from reading older threads you were one of the testers, or was that a few years ago?

smile

Man, you have a good memory! I wish I did! I have to break out my driver's license when somebody asks for my middle name!

I was a tester for about 2 or 3 years, but I was really bad at it (never found a single bug. No wait... I did find ONE once) and felt guilty about taking the spot from somebody who might actually add value. So I relinquished the spot. There are users who push the limits, and they make the best beta testers. I'm a guy who does the same ol' things in the same ol' way all the time, and that approach to using software isn't what finds problems.

I really enjoy both programs and I have no problem paying the nominal amount it takes to update every year...
Posted By: musiclover Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 08:55 PM
Awww selling yourself short there Pat I think, since you are a dab hand at Muvizu. Loved the stuff that you did. Bought it myself and don't think I got round to making one animation smile

I visit the site now and again but not 100% certain if everything is back to normal with it.

Anyways for now its biab 2019 we are all looking forward to. Hope we get a few surprises.

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 09:21 PM
I don't remember Pat's contribution that way. He is meticulous and was very helpful to the community. Of course, he won't remember (grin).
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 09:58 PM

I think it was before December when they released it last year...
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 10:54 PM
Quote:
Quote:

OK, if we're going all out here... who can find the first post last year announcing the new release? That way we'll have a date... (not that past performance is any indication of future performance, but its a fun way to kill time while we wait)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 11:00 PM
found it!
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441736&page=1

BIAB 2018 was released on Nov 28 2017... exactly a year ago today.

searching to see when previous years were released...
(Update... struck out looking for the release of BIAB 2017... anybody else?)
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 11:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Quote:
Quote:

OK, if we're going all out here... who can find the first post last year announcing the new release? That way we'll have a date... (not that past performance is any indication of future performance, but its a fun way to kill time while we wait)

Thanks Pat! For the past few days I've been trying variations on the BIAB Windows page like this,

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin2019.htm
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin-2019.htm
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.2019.htm
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages-2019.htm
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.2019.htm

But they are all coming up 404!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 11:31 PM
last years release was a few minutes before Pats catch at 11/28/17 11:49 AM EST.

So they are late this year.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
last years release was a few minutes before Pats catch at 11/28/17 11:49 AM EST.

So they are late this year.

How did you determine that, Dan? What search key did you use?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/28/18 11:59 PM
hah! Using JohnJohnJohn's approach as a search string (good idea j^3) I found the release date of BIAB 2017 (Dec 1, 2016... so Musiclover might be onto something! Let's hope so, since Dec 1 is right around the corner!)

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378833&Searchpage=2&Main=54365&Words=https%3Awww.pgmusic.combbwin.htm&Search=true#Post378833

(you might have to copy-paste into the browser)

apparently the filename for the main BIAB page never changes... no matter what the year might be, it is always named https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm

so if you make an advanced search for that string, and confine the range of the search to newer than X years, but older than Xyears-1month, you should see any posts from late Nov-Early Dec with that link embedded. Like the announcement.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/29/18 12:19 AM
version 2016 also arrived on Dec 1 (2015) and Floyd Jane was the one to see it first!

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=322005&Searchpage=1&Main=47249&Words=https%3Awww.pgmusic.combbwin.htm+&Search=true#Post322005

(cut & paste into browser)

I think Dec 1st is looking like the day...
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Nope not yet - 11/29/18 01:31 AM
hah! Using JohnJohnJohn's approach as a search string (good idea j^3) I found the release date of BIAB 2017 (Dec 1, 2016... so Musiclover might be onto something! Let's hope so, since Dec 1 is right around the corner!)

I was hoping that they might have pages staged already with 2019 embedded in them so at launch all they need to do is change the names! laugh
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Nope not yet - 11/29/18 01:50 AM
Well everyone whose replied so far has busted its purpose, now myself as well.

Should have been one, and only one, reply. It was meant to be a logical: "do null until action - > then end" wink

oh well
Larry

EDIT

WHOSE?, really WHOSE come on Larry do some grammer/speeeeeelling checks! blush

EDIT
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Nope not yet - 11/29/18 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl

Should have been one, and only one, reply. It was meant to be a logical: "do null until action - > then end" wink

oh well
Larry

I was told there wouldn't be any logic on the test...
Posted By: musiclover Re: Nope not yet - 11/29/18 02:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl

oh well
Larry

You could always start a new thread Larry with the heading Biab 2019 is here, as we all all know the rules now!

smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/30/18 03:38 AM
what if they throw us a curve by releasing BIAB 2019 the day BEFORE Dec 1?

We better stay vigilant. (Who has the night watch?)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Nope not yet - 11/30/18 06:10 AM
Presuming that they are intending to release something soon, the longer we wait, the better it might be? smile
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Nope not yet - 11/30/18 06:59 AM

Private JohnJohnJohn on the south wall, sir! No sign of any new RealTracks over here.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 11/30/18 10:24 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Private JohnJohnJohn on the south wall, sir! No sign of any new RealTracks over here.

Private?? With 3 first names, you gotta have at least 3 stripes!
Thanks for the update, Sarge!

Now that we know the DATES of past releases, I thought it might be useful to check the time stamps to get an idea of when to really start watching.

2018 was noticed a little before 1 (eastern time)
2017 a little before noon (eastern time)
2016 ... 7:30 ish am! (eastern time)

so, no discernible pattern. I think they've been reading Sun Tzu, and they're messin' with us.
Chapter VIII... "Variation of tactics"
Posted By: dcuny Re: Nope not yet - 11/30/18 02:45 PM
Stay on target...
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Nope not yet - 11/30/18 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Private?? With 3 first names, you gotta have at least 3 stripes!
Thanks for the update, Sarge!

Thank you, Sir! Sgt. JohnJohnJohn reporting from the south wall...still no sign of any RealTracks or 64 bits or 50 new features yet. Eyes peeled...
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Nope not yet - 12/01/18 09:45 AM
You can always check on the support page and see if they have released an upgrade patch for 2019 already. smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 12/01/18 10:53 AM
we've been looking at what days of the month previous versions have been released on... but maybe that's not the right approach to sussing this out.

If you had been working hard for months getting ready to launch a new product , (knowing there will be questions and support issues, and things will get busy with shipping etc...) wouldn't you want a couple of days off before pressing your nose firmly against the grindstone? Launching on Saturday virtually guarantees that everybody would be working the weekend.

Going back to look at those links about previous releases, I noticed that two of them were launched on Tuesdays. Which makes sense, in a work week kind of way. That gives them the weekend off, after which pretty much the whole next week is spent blitzing the product.

Having said that, I'll be very surprised if we see a "It's here!" message today or tomorrow. My new guess is Monday Dec 3.

ON THE OTHER HAND....

I might be wrong.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Nope not yet - 12/01/18 10:57 AM
Pat, you have been looking in the wrong place - check out the on-line order page... grin
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Nope not yet - 12/01/18 10:58 AM
Music Student maybe has some news!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nope not yet - 12/01/18 03:13 PM
ha! this is the only time I like being wrong!

Thanks to all the PGMusic employees who will be working this weekend so we can spend our weekend downloading!
© PG Music Forums