PG Music Home
Posted By: Teunis A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/05/18 10:02 PM
I don’t know if this is valid or allowed but some years ago whilst learning about MIDI and FM synthesis I made a number of Christmas Carols. Here is one of the set. I understand it is public domain. It makes me feel relaxed.

O Holy Night

Tony
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/07/18 12:07 AM
Very nice arrangement and soothing instrument selection. Great job.
Posted By: Teunis Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/07/18 08:53 AM
Thanks Jim, one can always rely on you for a kind word. This was done some years ago whilst learning more about synths and MIDI.

My problem is I use BIAB for my purposes and don’t really produce much I can let others hear. As a result I feel a bit of a phoney in some respects, albeit I have just arrived home from a show where yet another muso has asked if he can spend some time with me to help him sort some backing tracks for himself. He was amazed when I told him I generate all my own backing tracks. I am sure he’ll be blown away when I show him BIAB and what it can do.

Because I don’t create stuff others can hear or comment on I feel a bit guilty as regards comments on others efforts or being critical. But, I’m only too pleased to help others if and where I can. I do however listen to a number of others creations and am often blown away.

Thanks again Jim

Tony
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/07/18 09:36 AM
You should never feel that, Tony! I've learned a lot from you about reaper and respect your opinion on any subject.
Posted By: Teunis Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/07/18 09:43 AM
Thanks, I enjoy our chats

Tony
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/07/18 01:07 PM
You did a great job on this Tony. I liked the way you built up the dynamics.

You should post some of your music and ask for constructive criticisms. That is how I started and what I still do. When I started out my stuff sounded like crap but with the help of forum members I learned a lot.
Posted By: Teunis Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/07/18 05:46 PM
Thanks Mario, most of what I do are covers with no voice or lead guitar. I use them for backing tracks at my little shows and do my own guitar bits and singing. I try to get it to sound as close as I can to a live band. I am not a lover of downloading stuff from the WEB and singing over the top of the real performer as I hear others do.

Tony
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: A Christmas Song in MIDI - 12/11/18 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Teunis
Thanks Mario, most of what I do are covers with no voice or lead guitar. I use them for backing tracks at my little shows and do my own guitar bits and singing. I try to get it to sound as close as I can to a live band. I am not a lover of downloading stuff from the WEB and singing over the top of the real performer as I hear others do.

Tony

I'm with you all the way on this, Tony. Like you, I do mostly covers. The only people who hear my stuff is my family. The biggest fun/joy I get out of my music is building up the tracks on my own. Karaoke isn't the same for me as a musician. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just not my cup of tea.
© PG Music Forums