PG Music Home
http://indiginus.com/amadeus.html
Remember to enter code indiginus99 to get the special price of $99.

** Amadeus is compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Special Offer Good Thru December 25, 2018

An entire great sounding orchestra, with sounds that have been proven on countless
productions, media and game scores for only $99. What's not to like?

Covering all the essentials of the orchestra, Amadeus includes– strings, brass,
woodwinds, percussion, keyboards, guitars and more. Everything you need for creating
quick sketches, orchestra, film, and game scores is at your finger tips. The library has
been designed to load fast and provide authentic sounding instruments, allowing you to
create incredibly realistic scores.

Amadeus is compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Thanx Pipeline, this looks and sounds like a must buy.
I just got the email for it also; it's a must have. The demo is amazing.
They missed the Black Friday release date when I was expecting it to come out, and I've blown through my "extra" money. That $50 savings will be hard to pass by.

The Indiginus instruments are all very playable, and I've been looking forward to this library. I don't need it, since I've already got GPO5 and Miroslav, but I've heard this good things about this library from people who have purchased it.

I may have to postpone my BiaB upgrade until the end of the month, in case I need to juggle the budget a bit. I had money set aside for BiaB, but I forgot about the $50 SuperBonusExtraSparklyPAK that I can never resist. RealTracks: gotta catch them all! eek
Definitely impressive! I've downloaded it and it plays great via keyboard and midi. Thanks for posting and helping me spend my Christmas money!

Jeff
Edit: As of now, the download issue mentioned below has been resolved.

A note from the developer, in case anyone has had trouble downloading this:

Originally Posted By: Sonic Scores
To let everybody know the good news and bad news. The good news is that sales have been great. The bad news is that they are so good that the downloads have exceeded my bandwidth. Therefore you'll get an error when trying to download. I am switching over to a new plan and it should be working by Sunday 11 AM EST.
If you guys put on some weight over the Holiday Season, you won't notice it due to less weight in the wallet!

smile
Originally Posted By: musiclover
If you guys put on some weight over the Holiday Season, you won't notice it due to less weight in the wallet!

smile

Excuse me Mr. Musiclover but my charge card weighs the same grin

Ducking and running for cover.
I wish they would write a bit more about who they have sampled and where. Strings and some parts of the woodwinds and percussion sounds nice, brass not so good (as is the case with many, many orchestral libraries - why is it so difficult to sample brass instruments?).

Anyway it is a fun instrument for sketches.

Will
I picked it up and have been playing with it.

Sonically, I think it has a lot in common with GPO. In both libraries, the instruments have been recorded from a distance in a dry room, so they don't have the detailed sound that you'd get if they were close miked. Soloed, the instrument in Amadeus sound a bit more synthetic. But in context, they aren't worlds apart.

Amadeus has more articulations, but many of these are scripted rather than sampled. That's not a bad thing, since you've got control over things such as trill speed, vibrato (depth and speed) and legato.

It's also got some symphonic patches, which are pretty cool.

In short: If you've already got a lightweight library like GPO or Mirsolav, I don't think that Amadeus will give any sounds that you haven't already got. But it provides a well-laid out library with nice keyswitches, lots of articulations, and flexibility in modifying the sound. And yes, it loads fast and is pretty lightweight.

If you're looking for an inexpensive orchestral library, this could be it.

Edit: Here's a video review that was posted the other day:

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
I wish they would write a bit more about who they have sampled and where.

The developer has already stated multiple times that he's licensed the samples and signed an NDA, so he can't reveal the source.

There really isn't anything more that can be said.
Purchased.
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
...brass not so good (as is the case with many, many orchestral libraries - why is it so difficult to sample brass instruments?).

Because there's a wide range of timbres that you can get from the instrument. For Amadeus, I suspect they picked something that would make the most sense in an orchestral setting.

There are some excellent sampled brass instruments. For example, the Embertone Chapman Trumpet is great for slow, legato phrases. For agressive lead, there's the Realitone Screaming Trumpet. For those sampled instruments, they work great within the style. Outside that style - not so much.

To get a wider range timbre, you have to do modeling, such as the Sample Modeling Trumpet or Wallander Instruments. But with these, you also need to have more sophisticated controller to shape the tone.

Also, brass tends to interact with each other - a group of brass instruments playing together sounds a bit different than if you recorded each separately. The sound of the room has a lot of effect on the sound as well.
Thank you David. Your explanation makes sense.
© PG Music Forums