PG Music Home
I came across this great deal on Plugin Boutique. Get iZotope Breaktweaker and Stutter Edit as well as 4 expansion packs for Breaktweaker for only $50. This is an insane deal. Usually this package would cost $450. That's %89 off list price. The sale lasts till January 10. Click the link below to view the bundle.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/4902-iZotope-Stutter-Edit-BreakTweaker-Expanded-Bundle
[Sigh] Reaches for credit card crazy
I got my wife to buy it for Christmas.

Cheers Deacon!
Yes, it sounds cheap, but isn't this software very much targeted to Dubstep- and Trap-producers? It certainly sound like that when watching a few of the product videos. Or is it useful for other genres as well?

Will
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Yes, it sounds cheap, but isn't this software very much targeted to Dubstep- and Trap-producers? It certainly sound like that when watching a few of the product videos. Or is it useful for other genres as well?

Will

Yeah, it's 95 percent geared toward EDM, Dubstep, Trap etc, even the weirdly titled cinematic expansion. It's a bucketload of fun to mess around with though!
Ok, thank you! I think I'll pass this time... already spend way too much money on synths, orchestral libraries and other plug-ins this year... :-)

Will
Ok, thank you! I think I'll pass this time... already spend way too much money on synths, orchestral libraries and other plug-ins this year... :-)

Will

I hear you about the spending thing! That said, other than my annual BiaB upgrade, this was my most expensive purchase this year. So while it may have been somewhat of an impulse buy, if I'm going to be brutally honest with myself, I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

Also, to be fair, I think that there are many interesting applications, outside of the target genres, that the programs may used for that I don't see demonstrated in all the YT videos and tutorials. If used subtly and strategically on various elements, rather than just glitching out the master bus, a lot of interesting things are possible, which I will have to explore in depth once I port everything over to much more powerful desktop.

If you are still on the fence about it there are TONS of samples that come with the factory library and the expansions, and they are in WAV, not some propriety program-specific format like you often see with similar programs.

In summary, while it is overwhelmingly designed for EDM, Trap, and the like, I'd also bet that there is at least one creative effect or sound you would be able to use on pretty much any track you make, regardless of genre.

Deacon
Also while designed for EDM and other modern styles it is essentially a very powerful drum sequencer that you can use your own samples in. It could work well for any genre.
@Samuel
You can import your own samples? That was not clear to me after watching the videos. That of course make the program much more attractive.

Will
I saw it in a YouTube video. Haven't tried it yet.
Hope you also got this one FREE with it,

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1418?utm_campaign=PIB-Christmas-Bespoke-27-12-18&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email&eid=AY9110162339810623557413796262920
@Samuel
You can import your own samples? That was not clear to me after watching the videos. That of course make the program much more attractive.

Will

Yes, you definitely can-and then you can mangle and warp the everloving sh*t out them!

Be forewarned though, the amount of CPU it takes to run is absolutely insane. :-(

Can confirm that it does come free when you buy it. I actually did not see anything about it when I got the plugin, but an email showed up in my inbox a day later notifying me of this and then it appeared under the "my account" tab on Plugin Boutique's website.
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09

Can confirm that it does come free when you buy it. I actually did not see anything about it when I got the plugin, but an email showed up in my inbox a day later notifying me of this and then it appeared under the "my account" tab on Plugin Boutique's website.

Same here. I was surprised to get it bit I'll always take free stuff.

Now they also have iZotope Trash and Iris on sale as a $50 bundle. Picked that up too. Going to be spending lots of time learning new VSTs.
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09

First impressions are that I like the Guitar Vsti Strum Sessions when loaded into a biab midi guitar track, some nice sounds in there. Can see myself using it a lot.
I think we should mention that you don't have to buy the Izotope bundle to get the bonus stuff - buy anything before the end of January and you will get it.

Will
I think we should mention that you don't have to buy the Izotope bundle to get the bonus stuff - buy anything before the end of January and you will get it.

Will

This is true, but I think the bundles are the cheapest thing you can buy from iZotope at the moment. Of coarse if you need something else from them that works too. I already have most of their other products though.

Will

Yeps! I just bought the AudioThing Xmas Beer Bottles for $1.00 and got Session Bundle - Session Series Collection by Applied Acoustics Systems for free!
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Will

Yeps! I just bought the AudioThing Xmas Beer Bottles for $1.00 and got Session Bundle - Session Series Collection by Applied Acoustics Systems for free!

Oops... I misunderstood. I thought it was only on iZotope products.

Christmas beer bottles sounds interesting. lol
2019 is going to be the first year that I will not upgrade any of my existing plug-ins or buy any new ones. The latest generation of Waves and Izoptope products that I own have more features than I will ever need or learn for our genres. I find, that for me, trying and buying new permutations of plug-ins that are ultimately combos of similar modules I already own distracts me from focusing on the more basics of mixing and mastering. For the past 18 months I've set up my own mastering chain consisting of a couple of Logic Pro's effects, three of Ozone's modules and Waves' multi-band compressor. I'm happier with it than any of Ozone's presets that I used to tweak. I've also been using the reverb module of Nectar 2 (EMT 140 Plate sim) for all my reverb.

We spend MUCH less time with music than, I suspect most members of the board, and I was overloading on new stuff smile Also my DAW, Logic Pro X, costs but $199 and that includes frequent upgrades for life. And it has hundreds of effects and sounds and loops that I will likely never have the time to explore.

And overriding all this is that I'm an old fart who has a steeper learning curve for EVERYTHING!

Pardon the rant...nothing meant to be negative about those who can explore and incorporate all this new stuff into their routines....wish I could...well maybe smile

Bud
I'm with you there, Bud. I also think I have more than enough of libraries and synths and in 2019 I wish to concentrate on learning to use all that stuff before I buy something else. That includes BiaB 2019 which I downloaded yesterday. It's going to be exiting. I have used it for just 1 hour and it crashed 5 times already. smile But I will be patient and wait for more updates.

Will
I hear what you are saying Bud!!! I have been buying this stuff for too long and I keep saying I now have everything I could possibly need. Then I just pushed the pre-order button for SampleTank 4 MAX with 250 gb of sounds. I love this tech stuff but I have found out like you, I have my favorite stuff I use all the time and don't use or need anything else.

Gotta stop
Brina
I have been so tempted to pre-order Sampletank 4 as well, but I say no no no no to my credit card and I hope it will listen to me. smile
© PG Music Forums