PG Music Home
Hi all,

I work as an Occupational Therapist with some kids that have very poor timing and rhythym. Has anyone come across an inexpensive computer game that would allow different bpm settings, and provide visual feedback and scoring regarding accuracy of 'clicking' exactly on the beat ?

I know something like this can be done with pricey software - probably even BB/RB, but I'm looking for something cheaper, simpler, and easier to use, that I can load on multiple computers at the school I work in.

Thanks in advance,
Joe V.
Hi Joe V.,

I think you should ask the same question at a place like Unity3d.com (visit the community-part of the site). It is a place where you can meet many game developers (and musicians, etc) - and many of them are constantly looking for cool new ideas for games.
If you are lucky there could already be someone there who have made something like this.

Will
Thanks so much Will...will do. (that might be the first time I've ever created a sentence with 2 'will's in it : )
Joe, why not take a simple drum track from one of BiaB's styles, save either wavs or MP3s of it at various tempos and have the children clap to the beat? Or buy some inexpensive tambourines for them to use:

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/tambourines+kids.html
Thanks for the suggestion Mario - but I'd like them to have an associated score so they (and I) can track their improvement.
If you have access to any iOS devices check out “Rockstars of Ooo”. Specific game scoring based on timing and rhythm accuracy
Joe,

There are many sites that are devoted to teaching music to kids. As a music educator, you are qualified to join. Check out these Facebook groups:

"I Teach Music Technology" and "Elementary Music Teachers." The two groups have a combined membership of over 30,000 and many are teaching/using BIAB.

I can provide direct links and introductions to the moderators, if interested.
© PG Music Forums