PG Music Home
There are so many songs being posted these days in the "User Showcase" and I do simply not have the time to listen to all of them in the moment, because my daytime-work is really demanding.

So I want to apologize if I didn't listen to your song and didn't comment - I really want to, but I get tired very easily these days and often only manage to listen to 3 or 4 songs, before I want to sleep (not because of your songs, but because my work is draining me in the moment).

I really hope I can catch up later and show your songs the respect they deserve!

Will
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
There are so many songs being posted these days in the "User Showcase" and I do simply not have the time to listen to all of them in the moment, because my daytime-work is really demanding.

So I want to apologize if I didn't listen to your song and didn't comment - I really want to, but I get tired very easily these days and often only manage to listen to 3 or 4 songs, before I want to sleep (not because of your songs, but because my work is draining me in the moment).

I really hope I can catch up later and show your songs the respect they deserve!

Will

Will,

Many of us are in the same canoe. I often listen but rarely comment and feel bad about it.

I listen to PG Radio and I am blown away by the talent I am hearing so I want to apologize also.
Have to say I know where you're coming from Don, So many things going on here plus ill health with myself and Kay, makes time short for listening to all the fantastic material. I can't even get the time for composing myself lately.
Life gets in the way for all of us. I think everybody understands that. We certainly do. I will confess to wondering about the folks who post their songs but never respond to other members’ productions. Not infrequently...never.

Bud
I'd love to listen but the penalty for living in almost paradise is a slow Internet connection. DSL Lite is the best I can get, and it buffers almost everything.

I could go Cable, but (1) they won't give me Internet without Television, and I haven't watched TV since the 1980s and (2) my neighbor is always complaining about his cable going out again.

So as much as I'd like to listen, I get frustrated after the second or third buffering delay.

Insights and incites by Notes
I hear you loud and clear. I just do not have the time to listen to all of the great music. I have noticed that not on the quantity of music has increased over the years but the quality is extremely high. I don't think that I have heard a just OK song in a long time. All that I have heard are damn good songs!

Note that I will never post a song without listening to some as I feel that is the right thing to do.
ditto....
Mario said:
Quote:
Note that I will never post a song without listening to some as I feel that is the right thing to do.

That's probably why I've stopped posting - I haven't been "paying my dues" by encouraging other BIABers who have been so generous and supportive of my musical efforts. In 2019, I will strive to do better by listening more then offering CONSTRUCTIVE criticism whenever appropriate.

It is selfish, even arrogant, to expect encouragement without reciprocating in kind.
Its interesting that as I get older, no matter what the activity, I can only accomplish a fraction of what I could do in a day when I was younger. Even just passively listening to music seems to take more effort than it did those many years ago. I don't know where I found the time to do all the things I used to do when I was working full time. I thought the days would drag when I retired but they just fly by.
I tend to agree with others here. For me it is not possible to listen to all songs. I usually only make comment where someone requests help with a song or if I find a song has extra merit. There are many people here that post really great stuff that I feel don’t need my comment so even if I really like it I might not say anything. Why add to a list of the same comments.

I don’t post songs as I don’t use BIAB to create new stuff. I’m not talented or imaginative that way. Every time I do “write” something I feel it sounds too similar to another tune.

Tony
Thank you very much for all your answers and views. It seems like we are many in the same boat and that we all wish that time would slow a bit down and the energy levels would be a bit higher.

As many of you write, there are plenty of amazing songs to listen to and that is why I started this thread, because I think all deserves to be listened to, appreciated and commented on (except maybe from those few - as Bud mentioned - who never responds).

Also I fear - with the many tracks posted on some days - that a brilliant song from someone will go unnoticed to page 2, which very few visit (it seems) and that the artist therefore will think she has done a bad job. That would be cruel.

I hope I will be able to listen to many more songs soon, but I will never start to do "10 seconds-listening" and a short comment like "Good song", just to be able to cover more songs. I think everybody deserves respect for the work they have done!

Will
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Life gets in the way for all of us. I think everybody understands that. We certainly do. I will confess to wondering about the folks who post their songs but never respond to other members’ productions. Not infrequently...never.

Bud

Agree 100% Bud, People take time to reply and listen to ALL songs that get posted I also get curious as to why those people who continually post songs but don't have the decency to say thank you a lot of the time nor, as you said Bud reply to others who post songs. Come on folks, it's only good manners to respond like for like
Will,

Don't apologize for an offense that you never committed. Listening to songs on the user showcase is a choice, not a requirement for being a part of the forum.
Well Will, I'll make it easier for you: i'll never post another one ...
Will, you do not owe anything to anybody smile

Sometimes (when it does not interfere) I can do my work and listen to tunes in showcase. If I find something that I like, I will come back when I have free time and listen to it closely. Most I can take is probably 3 songs a day (on a good day) and does not mean that I will reply to them smile If I did not have the luxury of listening while working, I doubt that I would listen to more than 3-5 tunes in a week.

Man, I was always jealous of dolphins. Some species do not sleep. They shut 1/2 of their brain while the other is conscious. Would be awesome to work by day and be creative by night... and have dreams 24/7
...well maybe better not to work at all smile
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Well Will, I'll make it easier for you: never post another one ...

Thanks! If it is my songs which scares people away from the forum, I should stop posting them. Fortunately for the people here I haven't posted a new song for a long time.

Will
Certainly isn't your songs Will, just ignore sarcy comments like that
Originally Posted By: furry
Certainly isn't your songs Will, just ignore sarcy comments like that

I'm with Furry on this. Hopefully that comment was intended to be a joke.
meant I'll never post meself another one sorry, was a joke ...
I felt this way OFTEN. I drive a fair amount and get to listen to many of the songs, almost like a radio station with musicians I COULD chat with. However, as I stated, I'm driving. I'm not really able to pull over and comment after every song.

I comment as I can; but then after listening to a bunch of songs, at my next stop I forget what I have commented on or what I would even specifically comment on if I haven't.

At one point I even started a spreadsheet to see who even really appreciates the comments. It can be difficult to give a bit longer of a response only to be grouped into one large "thanks everyone for listening." I'm not even sure if they saw my comments then. Not a big deal; but don't want to be spending time on something that someone really isn't reading anyway.

This brings me to my next dilemma...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Bud

About a year ago, there was the "Paradox of you" production experiment. I had a blast with it. I also had a few major health issues come up in our family and failed to respond to some of the comment...but totally appreciated. By the time I realized it; a fair amount of time had passed. There was also a thread in that time that was all about "bumping songs." I didn't want to appear THAT was what I was doing. So, I made a decision...
Roughly a year ago that happened, I am going to make a "long bump" of my song; but show appreciation to the people that took the time to comment. I hope people don't see it as anything more than a "thank you."

I'm so glad you created this thread; because I think others obviously are feeling the same way. Nice job and thank you!
A boss that I really respected (he has since died) told me: "Donny, there are no excuses but there are reasons!"

That may be appropriate regarding our not commenting. There are no acceptable excuses, but there are reasons.

I find that these folks are very encouraging and supportive. There really is no need to be negative or to flame anyone. This is our international 'family' and deserves to be treated as such.

My dux Loonies or farthin's.
© PG Music Forums