PG Music Home
Here's a video of the band Snarky Puppy. These guys are some of the new real track players we have available to play on our tunes.

Thanks PG for getting these guys to create some real tracks.

Don't let the name fool you. These cats are sharp.

Wow. There you go. Top notch musicianship.. Funny thing is I'd likely skip right over them if I came across their name on YouTube, Spotify, Amazon based strictly on their name. Sometimes a narrow mind can be a dangerous thing. Thanks for posting.
That really was excellent.
Outstanding musicians. Nice arrangement of the song too.

First time I've ever seen a complete studio audience wearing headphones. I assume that was so room mics could capture natural ambience.
Wow. Impressive playing. Sensational in fact.
Fell in love with them a couple years ago when I had to learn one of their tracks. Lingus is my fave track from them so good choice Herb. Watch Michael League get a grin on his face right before Cory Henry puts on the keyboard master class. And that Drummer is unstoppable. Pretty sure I posted Lingus a year or two ago in a thread where the premise was that there was no good music coming out these days and that youngsters don’t know how to play any longer.
Wow! Did not expect that! They're really good. Where can I find more?

Jeff
Youtube.

Cory Henry and Snarky Puppy has been talked about on the Keyboard Corner Forum for years. You should YT him too, he's got some B3 gospel organ vids at a church that will just blow your mind. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7iVpEwmuRo

I'm 73 now and I've told myself for years I will not wind up being the old man on the porch talking about the good ole days. Gotta stay current guys or you'll just rust away. Anybody here know Lady Gaga is a schooled, classically trained pianist? I found a concert vid of her sitting at a grand doing a very nice ballad dedicated to her grandfather. Nora Jones is another one and I could keep going...

Bob
I heard them mentioned in the NAMM video posted by PG.

I was curious..... then I was blown away.
One of the guitarists, Mark Lettieri , also has other great projects. Make sure to check out his trio, and his baritone guitar playing in the Fearless Flyers with some of the members of Vulfpeck and the incomparable Nate Smith on a little cocktail kit sans tom.
Michael League is one of David Crosby’s collaborators right now. Yes that David Crosby.
Yes!!! Snarky Puppy are incredible. They are definitely my favourite modern jazz group. Proof in my mind that jazz is alive and well. smile
excellent these guys play the real jazz love this stuff eric
© PG Music Forums