PG Music Home
Posted By: Planobilly How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/13/19 02:56 PM
Hi,

All my experience in hiring musicians was in LA many years ago before the internet even existed.

I see some pretty good singers on a site called www.airgigs.com. The price range is anywhere from $100 per song to who knows.

I would put in the time and effort to try to write a couple of really good songs if I had a good vocalist.

This is kind of pricey for a hobby but perhaps worth it to at least give it a try on one song.

Anyone here done this sort of thing?

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/13/19 03:38 PM
I do all the time..as in weekly, with great results. There is some real talent there.

As far as it being an expensive hobby, compare it to buying a bass boat, lures, all that kind of thing. And the bass boat will wear out eventually.

Songs andyour music can carry on for generations...well beyond your lifespan. I like that idea a lot!
Posted By: Planobilly Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/13/19 04:01 PM
Bass boat...lollol

That puts it in perspective. I have a 28 foot Contender with twin 250hp Yahamas. So I am well versed in boat cost...lol BOAT=Break Out Another Thousand...lol

Thanks for giving me some perspective!!

This has both opened up my eyes and a can of worms at the same time. I now feel like I have to get off my butt and do some real work musically.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/13/19 10:02 PM
I didn't even know that such a thing like AirGigs existed! Neat.
Posted By: Planobilly Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/13/19 10:51 PM
Here is another one.

www.peopleperhour.com

This is all new to me also.

Trying to make the first arrangement for a male singer from England. We will see how it goes!!

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/14/19 01:45 PM
Wow - I've actually never heard of airgig or peopleperhour. They seem like really good resources - will need to bookmark it for later to look further into smile Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/14/19 09:47 PM
These sites are relative new to me as well. The first I found was Fiverr.com, because our own Joanna mentioned it in a post sometime ago. It is worth trying out in my opinion - especially for people like me who cannot sing! smile

Will
Posted By: Planobilly Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/14/19 10:44 PM
The rates are not overly expensive. There is a issue with Pay Pal conversion rates.

Current pound rate is 1.28 so someone in England doing a vocal for 100 pounds should cost $128.00. By the time Pay Pal add their conversion rate fee it more like $140.

I have a savings account in the Channel Islands in Euros but I no longer have a Sterling account. Sucks

There is also a bit of a mind set with all this.

"I will do this for"

In the USA for $100
In the UK for 100 pounds=$128 + the conversion rate
In Europe for 100 Euros =$113 + the conversion rate

Everything cost a lot of money now days...what does a plumber charge, rate to get your car worked on, fuel for your twin 250hp outboard engines...lol

+1 on the cannot sing!!

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: CeeBee Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/15/19 04:53 AM
Why not look for collaboration here, there are some pretty good singers here. smile
Posted By: Planobilly Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/15/19 05:28 AM
It would be good if we had some standard way/place here on the forum to ask for others to collaborate.

There are some good vocalist, guitar players, and other musicians.

I have been told that Matt is a pretty good horn player.

Cheers,

Billy

EDIT: In the process of investigating some of the vocalist on these sights I have been exposed to some really cool new musical ideas. You never know where something new will take you!!

Posted By: Pat Marr Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/15/19 12:40 PM
just paying for the singer and using BIAB for the music has got to be a lot less expensive than paying an entire band to record a demo of your song
Posted By: sslechta Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/15/19 04:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
just paying for the singer and using BIAB for the music has got to be a lot less expensive than paying an entire band to record a demo of your song

Truth!
Posted By: Planobilly Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/15/19 04:47 PM
This one song I cut in a studio in LA twenty five years ago cost $2500.

https://soundcloud.com/planobillydfw/three-long-years

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: How to hire singers? Airgigs? - 02/15/19 04:57 PM
As well as I write, they should pay ME to sing on them!!! LOL!!!
© PG Music Forums