PG Music Home
Do you have any mock song titles you'd like to share? If so, add them here. Old or new, doesn't matter, just keep them OK for the BiaB TOS.

My contributions:

"She used to kiss me on the lips, but it's all over now"

"Don't wait up for the shrimp boats mamma, daddy's coming home with the crabs."

Notes
This is an old one. "There are tears in my ears from crying in my pillow over you"
When There's A Ring Around Your Bathtub You'll Know I Left You Clean.
How Can I Miss You If You Won't Leave?
"If you will sing by the window I'll help you out!"

"Sung in the key of P flat."

"There's a bathroom on the right."

- CCR

This is Don Junior singing a John Fogarty of CCR fame parody by the Twisted Tunes parody genius Bob Rivers:

(Bad Moon, a CCR parody)
https://app.box.com/s/2riamzc8816t4s3khixxrja60rpabdzr

I suggested the song concept to Bob when I was commuting to Seattle daily.

Junior has been heard on every Twisted Tunes album (about 25) that Bob has produced.

BTW, Bob Rivers is getting his head wrapped around BIAB for Windows. He will share his music on the User Showcase with us!

Burned On The Barbecue (Born On The Bayou - CCR Parody)
https://app.box.com/s/o5x9c7p49d4h2dd5z0gbix5xhsk033js

This is a perennial Summer favorite.

Read It In The Tabloids (Heard It Through The Grapevine - CCR Parody by Don Junior)
https://app.box.com/s/qmv6hoacck6ukv75ynh79g4bz9f237eq

(Sure to offend everyone)
"Propane "
If you live in the sticks and your income is fixed "propane"
Seems like Clapton did one similar to this

Waiting for the painters to finish up, have way to much time on my hands today. So I'll give it a go......not exactly "mock" titles, these are the real thing.

Loretta Lynn - You're the Reason our Kids are so Ugly

Roy Clark - Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone

Gary Nunn - If You Don't Believe I Love You, Just Ask My Wife

Willim Penix - You Take the Medicine, I'll Take the Nurse

Johnny Cash - I've been flushed from the Bathroom of Your Heart

Lorretta Lynn - All I Want from you Is Away

Statler Brothers - You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith Too

Jimmy Buffett - If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me

Aaron Wilburn - If My Nose Was Running Money, I'd Blow It All on You

Fred Astaire - How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life

Ruby Wright - Billy Broke My Heart at Walgreens and I cried All the Way to Sears

Mayday Parade - If You Can't Live Without Me, Why Aren't You Dead Yet

Wynn Stewart - I Bought the Shoes That Just Walk Out on Me

Billy Hall - Too Much Month at the End of the Money

Jerry Lee Lewis - What Milwaukee Famous Has Made a Loser Out of Me
“Gonna dig my grave with a Hershey bar”
Notes the version we talk about here on the coast is: Seafood For Supper Mama, cause papas coming home with the crabs.

And the ever popular, You don't have to bring in the wood mama, popas coming with a load.

Later,
"100 yards to the outdoor toilet" by Will E Makit
Lyrics:
"Her 1st name was Wella... Her last name was Nough...
When will I learn to leave Wella Nough alone"
Some of these are just too funny

Thanks
"She's Got Freckles On Her But, She's Pretty"
I almost forgot my all time favorite "Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life"
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
I almost forgot my all time favorite "Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life"

Now Torrey, you do know the song was nominated for a Grammy in 1977, right? +++ HERE +++ is a 2010 Time magazine article where the song was added to Time's Top 10 list of the most ridiculous country songs of all time. The article also has a YouTube link so you can hear it again.
These are really great and a lot of them are quite funny! I enjoyed these.
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Written by Paul Craft. He played it live for my wife in Nashville when she asked what he had written!
"4 right turns makes a circle good buddy...
but 3 right turns makes a left..."
Darling, come with me to the Cazbah. We shall have nothing on... except the radio.
I've got gaters in me tatters
I was reluctant to mention this one: Margie Day's "Take out you false teeth, baby." Suggestive but I have no idea as to what.

...Deb
Notes,

I'm guessing you asked this question because you are thinking about adding some humorous songs along these lines to your set list. Or maybe you've already done so. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on what audiences tend to receive this sort of song favorably. I'd guess you play to some high brow audiences as well as some laid back audiences, and each audience responds in its own way.

I've often thought of putting together a show made up entirely of funny songs, and taking it to the most laid-back audiences (like camp grounds, parks, class reunions etc)

anyway.... you thoughts?

If anybody else has anything to offer on the topic, please weigh in as well
Dr. Demento had a syndicated radio show that only featured novelty songs. "Weird" Al Yankovic received his start on the radio show. +++ Spike Jones +++ was a famous band leader that made a living creating novelty songs. Ray Stevens made many comical songs

In other words, I think you have a great idea Pat. Lots of material to choose from.
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Notes,

I'm guessing you asked this question because you are thinking about adding some humorous songs along these lines to your set list. <...snip...>

I've often thought of putting together a show made up entirely of funny songs, and taking it to the most laid-back audiences (like camp grounds, parks, class reunions etc)

anyway.... you thoughts?

If anybody else has anything to offer on the topic, please weigh in as well

It was mainly for my own amusement. I do horse around with my 11 years and running Little Jim's Marina audience, and we do some funny material there so one or more of the ficticious titles might make it between songs as a joke.

In fact that's what started this. We do a couple of instrumentals, and I decided to play Herbie Mann's "Coming Home Baby" on the wind synth to demonstrate the many voices of the instrument to a couple of people who were very curious about it. I was in a goofy mood and I said: "If you never heard this song before it's one I wrote called, 'She Used To Kiss Me On The Lips But It's All Over Now', but if you have heard it before it is called 'Coming Home Baby' and it's by Herbie Mann." It got a decent laugh.

So I just posted it to hear some other faux titles that might be fun. However, the real titles did give me something to consider to add to the fun songs.

Notes
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Dr. Demento had a syndicated radio show that only featured novelty songs. "Weird" Al Yankovic received his start on the radio show. +++ Spike Jones +++ was a famous band leader that made a living creating novelty songs. Ray Stevens made many comical songs

In other words, I think you have a great idea Pat. Lots of material to choose from.

I loved Spike Jones. My father was a big fan and I'm not only amused by the silliness of the band, but the fine level of musicianship.

And I remember the Dr. Demento show too. It was fun.

Notes
If I Said You Had A Sexy Body, Would You Hold It Against Me

- The Bellamy Brothers
I'll throw in a couple of my favorites......

Let's go out in the corn field Honey and I'll kiss ya' between the ears....

Baby clip yer toe nails your tearing up the sheets....

Rusty
© PG Music Forums