PG Music Home
Rumor has it that Peter Gannon actually programs on a Mac and then uses a cross-platform utility to convert over to Windows.

I am working with a music educator who has a Mac and wants to run BIAB 2019 for Windows on it.

What cross-platform conversion utility do you use or recommend? Other solutions?

Matt, Noel, Eddie?
Yes, Peter Gannon has said he programs the Windows version on a Mac. I don't recall if it's running Parallels or Boot Camp. Perhaps someone else will remember.
Whether with Parallels (from VMWare) or Boot camp (from Apple), you still must have a valid license key and software installing medium for Microsoft Windows.
Don,

You may want to forward these links to your friend:

https://www.parallels.com/landingpage/pd/windows-on-mac/

YouTube How To Run Win 10 On Mac

Apple Support Step-By-Step

How To Run Win 10 For Free On Mac Using Boot Camp
I would wait and see what Band In A Box 2019 for Mac is like.
It may now be closer to the Win version as it will be 64bit.
Don - from our conversation earlier, I thought that they wanted to run the Mac version on a Windows computer?

-Callie
Whole different ball game.
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Don - from our conversation earlier, I thought that they wanted to run the Mac version on a Windows computer?

-Callie

Just the opposite Callie.

I've been touting the many merits of the new Windows version but our mutual friend has a Mac. I probably confused you. I'm good at that.

In a message this morning, she said that she has no problem in waiting for 2019 for Mac.

Thank you though.
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
I probably confused you. I'm good at that.

I'm easily confused these days! Thanks for clarifying - looking forward to setting them up!

wink

-C
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
I probably confused you. I'm good at that.

I'm easily confused these days! Thanks for clarifying - looking forward to setting them up!

wink

-C

Yes, it is very exciting to think about her worldwide travels and seminars. She never fails to mention my modest accomplishments and BIAB specifically.
Don, with any luck, the Mac 2019 version of BIAB may be 64-bit, as Mac OS has started giving a warning for 32-bit software.

For anyone else reading, this is NOT any kind of official announcement. We will all see together.
Thanks Matt. Any idea as to when?

She is very patient but I am anxious to get on the same page with her. Running different OSes makes it extremely difficult.
No idea Don, other than the new Mac versions typically come in the late spring. I'm a rather recent Mac user so I don't know the long-term trends.
© PG Music Forums