PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/22/19 09:55 PM
http://sclk.co/r/s7pb9c

Hayley is a four time nominee for best female Country vocalist in Britain by BCMA. Unfortunately, a blind female artist has never won.

Some of you will recognize the guitarist-keyboardist on this tune as Albert Lee.

"I'm A Little Bluer Than That!" - Hayley Oliver

https://app.box.com/s/hi43axjgrxr50dwdjligu0035guo0fsl

At age 11, Hayley brought the house down at London's Royal Albert Hall singing Buddy Holly's "Raining In My Heart."
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 12:37 AM
Don,

That first link, "Coming Back To Stay" is a toe tapping burner. I'm surprised you posted it in 2014 and I just am hearing it. I noticed Soundclick has completely redone their interface. It looks much nicer.

The second link is a very nice rendition of I'm A Little Bluer Than That.

Thanks for sharing the links.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 03:33 AM
Hayley's singing is beautiful. She reminds me a little bit of Dolly Parton. I had never heard of her. Some of the best artists in this world not many people have heard of.
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 03:51 AM
Wow!!! She sounds a lot like Brenda Lee... Thanks for the links....

Kajun Jeaux
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 09:31 AM
If you should ever need your heartstrings ripped out of your chest, just listen to Hayley sing "What Colour Is The Wind?" Knowing that she was born blind (Her irises failed to develop in the womb), I still get choked up when trying to listen to it.

What Colour Is The Wind?
http://sclk.co/r/s2a6tn

BTW, when I told the late Nokie Edwards (Ventures) that Albert Lee was playing guitar and keys on her Abinger Groove Album, he said: "That little bugger can play the strings off of both instruments!"

I received an email from Hayley yesterday which prompted my posts.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 09:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Hayley's singing is beautiful. She reminds me a little bit of Dolly Parton. I had never heard of her. Some of the best artists in this world not many people have heard of.

Donna,

I sent your "Butterfly" to Hayley and she absolutely loved it. I won't take anything away from Josie or Joanne but just maybe Hayley would record it on a future album.

Incidentally, Dolly and Emmylou are two of Hayley's favorites. You have a great ear.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 10:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Don,

That first link, "Coming Back To Stay" is a toe tapping burner. I'm surprised you posted it in 2014 and I just am hearing it. I noticed Soundclick has completely redone their interface. It looks much nicer.

The second link is a very nice rendition of I'm A Little Bluer Than That.

Thanks for sharing the links.

Jim,

I'll pass your complement along to Hayley today. Even she needs encouragement.

Another fabulous UK Country artist and friend is Isla Grant (qv). Isla has 11 gold and 3 platinum albums to her credit. I have had the honor and privilege of writing for both Hayley and Isla.

Isla Grant playlist (48 songs)
https://youtu.be/Gek4hb15aa4?list=PL190823494F6C68E5
Posted By: Belladonna Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 01:08 PM
So glad she liked "Butterfly", I would love to have a recording of her singing it. I'm putting her on my new favorite female artist list.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 01:44 PM
Abby Grove is actually her rehearsal studio but she has no means to record at home. I offered to donate a copy of BIAB but her former manager has taken it.

Actually, another forum mate, ROG, owns a recording studio in Kent but it's still a long drive for him. Maybe ROG will see this post and offer a solution.

ROG is a fabulous guitarist-producer with access to student singers. He would do it correctly.

Hayley uses JAWS Screen Reader on her computer but BIAB overwhelmed her.

ROG and I collaborated on this one:

The Isle of Skye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQcY58WeEIA
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
So glad she liked "Butterfly", I would love to have a recording of her singing it. I'm putting her on my new favorite female artist list.

Her new manager has posted some of Hayley on YouTube but, honestly, the sound and video quality is very poor.

Abinger Goove is her fourth album and it is available from most internet sources. She sent a copy to me.

I'll ask her if she will sing it for us later today. She's at a gig at The Dancing Dog in Kent this evening. She's booked steady there.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 02:52 PM
The JAWS app will read the screen for Hayley. Please send me a text file of the lyrics. Obviously, I can't promise anything but our chances are better if she has the lyrics in front of her.

BTW, search on SoundClick for Hayley Oliver. Her first three albums are there for free.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 07:55 PM
Access Hayley's music here:

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?bandID=454059
Posted By: ROG Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 08:11 PM
Hi Don,

Always ready to help in any way I can, but I'm not in Kent, I'm in York, North Yorkshire!

Keep me up to speed with developments and I'll see if I can fit in anywhere.

All the best, Roger.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/23/19 10:53 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Don,

Always ready to help in any way I can, but I'm not in Kent, I'm in York, North Yorkshire!

Keep me up to speed with developments and I'll see if I can fit in anywhere.

All the best, Roger.

I already mentioned your recording studio. Now, it's a question of getting her there. Surely Dave, her fiancé can drive her.

I envy the fact that you will be meeting her. BTW, She drinks Bacardi and Coke. I'll buy!
Posted By: lambada Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/24/19 04:31 AM
Fabulous. I'm listening to Hayley's music on Soundclick. One great song after another. Broadway to Country. What a great voice.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/24/19 09:23 AM
Originally Posted By: lambada
Fabulous. I'm listening to Hayley's music on Soundclick. One great song after another. Broadway to Country. What a great voice.

Thanks Lambda, I'll be sure to tell her.

I listened to her SoundClick page all day yesterday. She is very talented and has a unique, juvenile innocence in her voice and delivery.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: My Blind Brit Friend, Hayley Oliver - 02/25/19 03:40 AM
Thanks for the link, Don. That's a beautiful rendition of 'What Colour Is The Wind'.

Kajun Jeaux
© PG Music Forums