PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Game Of Thrones & music - 05/03/19 11:20 AM
So... I recently started binge watching GOT from E1S1 ..... there's lots of interesting music in this show...

I'm enjoying the background music..... and I just found out there's a ton of musicians playing parts in this show as well.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/game-of-thrones-complete-guide-to-musician-roles-and-cameos-235583/

and of course.... Chris Stapleton.... https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/game-of-thrones-winterfell-chris-stapleton-828630/

So I'll be watching the episodes with a bit more intent looking for certain characters. Might have to go back and rewatch a few.... maybe not....
Posted By: candys Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/05/19 07:14 AM
Thanks for sharing! All tracks sond awesome. Love the show!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/06/19 09:22 PM
I'm somehow not surprised that some of the actors and actresses double up as musicians in Game of Thrones. Slightly off topic but not quite, but I feel Game of Thrones has a pretty solid sound track for the whole series so far.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/08/19 11:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I'm somehow not surprised that some of the actors and actresses double up as musicians in Game of Thrones. Slightly off topic but not quite, but I feel Game of Thrones has a pretty solid sound track for the whole series so far.

The music is quite interesting. And it seems so simple..... but scoring a movie is no easy task. I love the music in the background.

There was one scene where Goffery was in the throne room..... and a minstrel was playing and singing a song declaring the king's victory in song in a most horribly out of key and insincere performance........ I'm surprised that Goffery didn't have him dragged out and thrown into the dungeon. As Randy Jackson used to say on American Idol.... "Dog, that wasn't good"....
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/08/19 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music

The music is quite interesting. And it seems so simple..... but scoring a movie is no easy task. I love the music in the background.

There was one scene where Goffery was in the throne room..... and a minstrel was playing and singing a song declaring the king's victory in song in a most horribly out of key and insincere performance........ I'm surprised that Goffery didn't have him dragged out and thrown into the dungeon. As Randy Jackson used to say on American Idol.... "Dog, that wasn't good"....

I have to wonder if they were intentionally playing it out of key to annoy Geoffrey. Geoffrey -- while royalty and accustomed to finer things in life -- I think maybe doesn't have an ear for music and likely didn't notice the difference. I wouldn't have put it past the people to be passive-aggressively playing something terrible to try and bother him, haha.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/09/19 01:30 AM
Let's not forget the fender game of thrones guitars!

https://www.fender.com/articles/gear/the-game-of-thrones-sigil-collection-3-guitars-worthy-of-the-great-houses
Posted By: Crizz88 Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/09/19 04:51 PM
It really seems that nary other tracks can match GOT theme like their own.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/09/19 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Crizz88
It certainly seems that way!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Game Of Thrones & music - 05/13/19 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Crizz88

Kinda like any other cover. Very few musicians have the skills to replicate a cover song to the point where the listener can't tell the original from the cover.
© PG Music Forums