PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Clarinet manufacturing - 05/14/19 05:13 PM
A very detailed process !

Posted By: DrDan Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 05/14/19 08:59 PM
Here is what you do with it after it is made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7OaQMiJc3o
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 05/14/19 09:22 PM
The music they chose to put over the video actually made me chuckle. Made it seem way more intense than what is actually happening (at least in some parts), but I loved it! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 05/15/19 07:39 AM
Wow! Those runs are crazy fast!

Jeff
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 05/15/19 11:23 AM
Wow - I find this kind of stuff fascinating. It's cool to me the craftsmanship that goes into these instruments that allow making musical art possible. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 05/15/19 09:36 PM
Woodwinds are complicated pieces of gear. I have a couple of saxophones and a flute. I've taken them apart to clean and reassemble, and there are a lot of pieces. Counting the soldered on pieces, I think a sax has about 800. Much more parts than a guitar, but I would much fewer than a grand piano.

I'm just glad I get to play 'em and make a living doing so.

Just livin' the dream.

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: MarioD Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 05/16/19 10:15 AM
I was surprised at the amount of manual labor that goes into the manufacturing of a Clarinet. I would have thought that robots would do a lot of it but it is really nice to see humans on the production line instead of robots.
Posted By: Seb Craig Re: Clarinet manufacturing - 09/08/19 08:35 AM
Wow, cool to see the manufacturing process from raw material to finished product--clarinets are a complicated product.

I'd guess that woodwind and other instruments made with wood can be tricky. Wood and other organic materials can be pretty unforgiving. They can warp with time, which can obviously affect their use and the quality of sound they can produce.
© PG Music Forums