PG Music Home
Posted By: Matt Finley New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 05/21/19 12:31 PM
Last week, Focusrite released a new driver and MixControl software for various Focusrite Scarlett models, both first and second generation, ranging from the 2i2 up to the 18i20 (2). Now, realize that this is a BETA driver site, so you try these at your own risk. However, I can say that I have been installing the beta drivers for several years with good success and no problems. Your results might be different.

Here is the link:

http://beta.focusrite.com/

Be patient; for some reason, this site takes a long time to respond for me.

Also be aware it looks like there are all kinds of new drivers in the three new entries, but most of the links cross-index to the same one or two files to download that install everything.
Posted By: sslechta Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 05/21/19 01:52 PM
Thanks Matt!
Posted By: CeeBee Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 05/22/19 05:43 AM
Blue screen of death here. I'm using a first generation Scarlett 8i6 in Win 7 64 bit and after wndows restarted the unit was not visible for my DAW. I managed to remove it and reinstall the old drivers.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 05/23/19 07:48 PM
What benefit do these new drivers provide?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 05/23/19 11:14 PM
There are few specifics. There is the generic ‘bug fixes’ mentioned
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 06/04/19 07:00 AM
Originally Posted By: sinbad
Blue screen of death here. I'm using a first generation Scarlett 8i6 in Win 7 64 bit and after wndows restarted the unit was not visible for my DAW. I managed to remove it and reinstall the old drivers.

I like my focusrite 2i4, but it has always been plagued by the blue screen of death. I even worked with the engineers at Focusrite to find a solution, and they made me a custom driver... but every now and then I still get the blue screen, along with a message identifying the focusrite driver as the culprit.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 06/04/19 12:45 PM
Pat, are you also using Windows 7?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New BETA Focusrite Scarlett drivers - 06/04/19 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Pat, are you also using Windows 7?

on that computer, yes
© PG Music Forums