PG Music Home
Just saw this on another site....

Danger Will Robinson.... don't load cracked software on your audio DAW computer, as tempting as it might be to get a "fully functional" copy of a really cool and very expensive software package for "free"... it's likely loaded with a virus

Link to the story

Among the cracked and infected stuff.... but not limited to this list

Propellerhead Reason
Ableton Live
Sylenth1
Nexus
Reaktor 6
AutoTune
Hi
Yes but that’s rather a broad statement.
It depends entirely on you source of such software,
Not that I am encouraging it you understand.
Far better to try one of the many free trials some have a very generous life span and functionality . Then if you like it buy it often at a discount from a trial.
Mike
It's unfortunate that simply stealing is not enough to deter many folks.

Bud
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Just saw this on another site....

Danger Will Robinson.... don't load cracked software on your audio DAW computer, as tempting as it might be to get a "fully functional" copy of a really cool and very expensive software package for "free"... it's likely loaded with a virus

Link to the story

Among the cracked and infected stuff.... but not limited to this list

Propellerhead Reason
Ableton Live
Sylenth1
Nexus
Reaktor 6
AutoTune

Good to know that at least biab is not on the list, and that the only mining that is done with it is to come up with a good song.

smile
Anyone using pirated software of any kind deserves to get a bad virus!
Anyone using pirated software of any kind deserves to get a bad virus!

Bottom line, yeah your right.
Sad that we even have to discuss the simple concept of “honesty” in this light. Most people would never steal a car, but software theft seems like a victimless crime. That is unless your the owner of the product.
There are many gifted, talented, kind folk out there that spend many, many years getting to know things that they put down for other people to use. There are also many people busting their guts to get to know stuff that they decide to share to make things better for others. Do they deserve to get paid? There are other people improving the way technology is used to some personal great sacrifice. Should they be paid?

I pay for software because it is right to do so. Not because I have to but I support those that do the hard yards. I must be nuts because I often even support “free stuff” that ask for a donation. I also offer help where I think it can do some good because I can.

I get very p%ssed orf at people knocking off software. (But I was in the IT business and development area for many years.). Sorry if my language offends.

Tony
Oh yeah?
Here is/are another interesting and relevant pivot point of this discussion:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143176427912

more here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352690090122

And another fine seller from Morocco:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392301278392

PG, do not fall a sleep!
Good Lord, how can they do this, one guy has even sold 32 copies!

I thought surely that the program needs to be activated and has only a limited amount of activations as well before they run out, three I believe.

So it seems not only do they want the program for nothing they want to make money out of it as well.

Very disturbing.
Hmmm
Yes as you say very disturbing but,
What if the seller has bought up some bankrupt stock at a bankrupt stock auction, or direct from the failing music store or what ever.
In this case he would be at liberty to sell for what price he likes I suspect.
Just a thought.
Mike
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Good Lord, how can they do this, one guy has even sold 32 copies!

I thought surely that the program needs to be activated and has only a limited amount of activations as well before they run out, three I believe.

So it seems not only do they want the program for nothing they want to make money out of it as well.

Very disturbing.

Pirates have been known to deactivate that part of a program. I know that in the past they could do this thus the program would not need activation to be run.
Sadly, one of my old band buddies from back in the old town once told me that he had practically every sort of music software on his computer and all of it was obtained for free from cracked sites.
And probably every virus and malware program known to IT.

...Deb
© PG Music Forums