PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane If you believe in the power of prayer... - 06/29/19 06:53 PM
or simply positive thoughts and energy...

Herb and his family could use whatever you've got...

He posted this in the Showcase. I doubt that many would see it there as it was at the end of his song thread... I think he would be okay with a re-post here...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

I apologize for such a short reply with so many responses in one post. I might be gone for a few days and wanted to get everyone in and responded to before I leave. Just found out my sister is in the ICU and is unconscious. They have her in an induced coma after being admitted and attempts to wake her this morning failed 2x. She passed out a few days ago after calling 911 and was not breathing when medics arrived. How long she was with O2 is the question no one knows. Keep us in your prayers and I'll see you soon.
Posted By: MarioD Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 06/29/19 08:01 PM
Guitarhacker, you and your family are in our prayers.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 06/29/19 08:29 PM
Herb,

I hope that everything works out for your family and especially for your sister.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way,
Noel
Posted By: rsdean Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 06/29/19 08:38 PM
Herb,

I am so sorry to hear that... You and your family are in my thoughts.

Bob
Posted By: lambada Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 06/30/19 12:41 AM
Sending positive thoughts. I hope your sister recovers soon.
Herb,

Your sister and family are in my thoughts and prayers. At my request, my church family of 170+ members have added all of you to the church wide prayer list.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Herb through this difficult time!
Posted By: edshaw Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 06/30/19 11:03 PM
Hoping for the best, Herb.
Thanks for posting, Floyd.
Ed

Praying for your sister and your family Herb.
Posted By: Le Miz Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 07/01/19 01:55 AM
Praying for your extended family Herb.

(Thanks Floyd.)
I certainly do appreciate Floyd reposting this. And yes, we covet all the prayers and well wishes for our family in this crisis.

So.... let me fill you in and update you.

My sister couldn't breathe and called 911 before passing out. Police had to kick in her door at 10:30pm, and with 3 dogs in the house, find her. Fortunately the dogs were more bark than anything else. She was found in the bed upstairs unconscious and not breathing. The medics inserted a breathing tube and bagged her. She remained in a state of unconsciousness for a period of 4 days. They had her in an induced coma. Every time they tried to wake her up, one of two things happened. She either failed the tests... in other words, didn't start breathing on her own, or went ballistic on anyone there. She had kicked a nurse in the face in one of those episodes so she was put into restraints. I arrived on Saturday and she was semi-awake. She was coming and going despite the drugs as they were trying to reduce the drugs to get her back up to consciousness. She had no clue where she was, or who anyone in the room was during those brief and often violent periods of consciousness.

Sunday morning, there was a bit more lucidity among the craziness, and we understood that it was the drugs they were administering, that were doing the talking. After I got home yesterday, I got a text from my nephew telling me that Lisa had come to the surface and they had a 3 hr talk. 90% of that was coherent and she remembered up to the 911 call and passing out. The nurses and doctors removed the restraints and Lisa appeared to be doing well as of last night.

They are saying this entire episode is directly related to Lisa having emphysema and COPD...all in the more advanced stages and her not seeing a doctor to get it treated and under control. And yes, she smokes cigarettes. There's got to be some serious lifestyle changes in order for her to continue living. Stop smoking and see the doctor and get this treated.

As of last night she was still in the ICU but should be moved to a normal room shortly and hopefully, discharged some time this week.

Note.... as I was typing, I asked my nephew her status this morning.... She's thinking clearly, but very emotional. I think she know understands that she was dead when they found her and brought her back. A very close brush with death. She told her son, this morning, that she was going to sign herself out of the hospital tomorrow and go home. There's nothing to stop her from doing that if she is deemed to be in her right mind and if she remains rational and calm, they have no other choice.....

Very similar to my mom who had triple bypass at 80. Went home and after 2 days threw out all the medications they told her to take.... claimed it made her "feel funny". Refused to take anything but vitamins and herbal supplements. BTW... she lived to 96 yrs of age.

Thanks again everyone for the prayers.

EDIT:

Don't wait. Don't put things off. If there are people in your life you been away from and have been intending to go see or call..... do it ASAP. You never know when you, or they, will take their last breath.

Unfortunately, Ive missed the opportunity to see 2 friends in this manner. They both died before we could stop procrastinating.

So... if you have a bucket list..... get out there and do those things on that list before you "kick the bucket".

Call that friend, forgive the person you've held a grudge against, have lunch with that friend you haven't seen in ages. You will never regret taking the time to go and see them.... but you will regret it if you don't.

Thanks for the information Herb. Hopefully your sister will start working toward resolving some of the health issues. Best wishes.
Glad to hear your sister is doing better.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 07/01/19 10:35 AM
hi guitarhacker praying for your sister and family for good and accurate medical attention and quick recovery eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 07/01/19 10:36 AM
Thanx for updating us with this good news.
Posted By: dcuny Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 07/01/19 02:24 PM
Just saw this - I'm glad you sister pulled through!

Cigarettes are extremely tough addiction to kick. Hopefully this will give her enough motivation for a sustained change.
We wish her the speediest recovery possible and strength for a healthier life journey.

And best to you and all of the family through what we know is a tough time.

J&B
Posted By: jford Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 07/01/19 06:04 PM
Prayers lifted up and thanks for the update, Herb.
Herb,

Wonderful news so far. I hope the good news continues. Thoughts and prayers continuing.
I spoke with my sister today. She's coherent and out of ICU. They have her in a "normal" room and plan to place her in a rehab therapy unit to help her get back to where she needs to be to go home.

She said she remembered the 911 call but nothing else until late Sunday afternoon. She didn't remember me being there at all. But the good news is she's going to be alright.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
She said she remembered the 911 call but nothing else until late Sunday afternoon. She didn't remember me being there at all. But the good news is she's going to be alright.

Excellent....very glad to hear that.

Best to her on the recovery path and hope you, friends and family members are experiencing some stress relief.
Fabulous news Herb. Happy Fourth to you and your family.
Posted By: Biglad Re: If you believe in the power of prayer... - 07/08/19 05:26 PM
Just saw this , great news about your sister. I'm glad she pulled through. Sending love and prayers god bless
© PG Music Forums