PG Music Home
Just started using this thing - so many sounds, I think I've been out of the electric world long enough not to hear the differences between lots of the presets....If you use more than 4 or 5 presets on this thing - please give me some ideas.
I tend to not use external FX on my guitar. I don't have delay pedals or phasers or fuzz boxes on the floor. If I'm using my Mesa I'm going straight in or through a simple Joyo Gain pedal that adds a bit of gain with not a lot of distortion on the low end, just smooth gain. Crank it and it gets fat, not fuzzy.

I do however, also, use a Line 6 Pod2 which looks to be similar to the GT-10. Amp models and some FX built in and controllable. I often find the Pod to be quicker and more convenient.

The Pod is one of the earlier modeling devices and as such, has a limited capability compared to the newer stuff.

Regarding the presets.... I don't have the GT but with my POD, I have a few amp models that I prefer, and I know where the settings for FX need to be to get a tone I like. Occasionally, I will just dial up some new tones and new models that I don't normally use to experiment. I'd recommend that you do the same. Find a few amp models that suit your taste. Keep a notebook handy and write down the model names and the presets for reverb (etc) that you find pleasing. That way, you can be sure you can get back to them later. I believe the GT will let you store those presets as well. The Pod allows me to do that and with the foot pedal, I can switch to 4 different presets as needed.

I love technology.

Edit: when you hear FX other than reverb on my guitars, 99% of the time it is one of the Sonar FX from inside the DAW. I have a bunch of stuff in there that I have at my fingertips if I need it.

Edit: I was watching the GT-100 demo video.... that thing is sweeeeet. Anybody need any ideas for a birthday present.... My birthday is in August..... hint hint.... that GT-100 would put a smile on my face.
hi joev I have gt100 I find theres some good presets however you are better of making your own they have a web site that has some presets made a list of genres made through a program you midi out to computer I think theres one for gt 10 model I find the highs can be hash and some presets can get noisy thanks eric
© PG Music Forums