PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/18/19 03:29 AM
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/18/19 03:45 AM
Concepts that clearly never caught on. I did like some of his one-liners: "makes about as much sense as an ashtray on a motorbike" grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/18/19 11:44 AM
That was very interesting. I'd like to hear Notes' comments about the Fly!
Posted By: MountainSide Re: The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/19/19 10:08 AM
This is interesting, but I do have a question. I'm not a guitar player but in the discussion of the Bond ElectroGlide he mentions re-fretting a neck. I've never heard of this. Is this something that is routinely done?

Sounds expensive and would, in at least my opinion, require a master technician.

Maybe this is only done on truly one of a kind or custom axes or perhaps those of collectors?

Has anyone here ever done this?

Jeff
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/19/19 10:36 AM
Yes, I've had to refret a couple of my guitars. Traditional frets are made out of nickel and copper and wear out over time. Don't remember how much I paid, around $200 or so. You can also buy the tools to do it yourself from places like Stewmac, although I'm not sure I would attempt it.
Posted By: Jim Re: The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/19/19 04:52 PM
Interesting...
I wonder how many other revolutions in the musical world never happened smile
I agree that there are some interesting points in this video. Neat find.
Posted By: Dzjang Re: The Revolutions That Didn't Happen - 08/20/19 01:12 PM
At least, this revolutionary invention made it all the way to the top.
See a party, see at least one of those
Doesn’t even look at his fretboard... Show-Off!

[img:left]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0NHitTff_TcPdFU3HMK0jJgZw[/img]

Attached picture 20190820_160815323_iOS.png
© PG Music Forums