PG Music Home
For those that own Focusrite equipment and participate in the FREE/Trial Plugin Collective, there's a good one going now.

This one is FREE (normal retail $129) and I listened to some of the sample recordings and it sounds awesome..... I have registered and downloaded for later!

Go to the middle of this page to hear the SoundCloud clips:
Ujam Virtual Guitarist IRON sound bytes....

Focusrite Plugin Collective
Thanks for the heads-up, Steve! wink
Thanks Steve, I have downloaded opened the plugin and had a little play with it, not so sure yet if there is much of a learning curve in getting it to work, was hoping it might work automatically in a midi track in biab, but no luck so far.

Thanks again will give it another go later.

For those that have an SSD and want to save on space there is an option in installation to install the 3gb of sounds to a different drive.

Does take a while when you first click on it for setup to load.
Yeah, it took almost an hour for the D/L to complete. I have it up and running it Reaper, just playing within the plugin itself, has some nice sounds and grooves.

Not sure where to go next with it. Will need to read the docs I guess wink
Reading the docs..... definitely a last resort, LOL. Glad you guys were able to play with it a little bit.
I played with it a bit this morning.

It uses midi to select which chords to play, a C5 note will play a 'C' chord, etc, but also which phrases to play for each chord.

The lower midi "notes", below C4, are selecting the phrases or rhythmic patterns, and the higher ones, C5 and above (the manual says C4 and above but experimenting here it seems it needs C5 and above), are telling it which chord to play.

So if you just wanted it to play one phrase (rhythmic pattern) throughout the entire song you could get by by feeding it a very simple midi file created on either a keyboard or manually using a midi editor. Select the pattern you want first and then create a simple midi file with single notes telling it the chord to play. You can get chords other than major chords by feeding it more than one note, C5 and D#5 will give you a Cm chord, etc.

I didn't take me much time to get something that sounded decent using the midi editor built into reaper, and what I know about midi you could write on the head of a pin and still have space left, so there is potential.

Unfortunately feeding it a midi file created via BIAB is not going to work.

I also checked out some of the other virtual guitarists they have available, some good stuff there!

Thanks again, Steve!
Thanks for the first hand report! Much appreciated.
OMG Dave!!! I just got to play with this in Pro Tools! It's so awesome for a non-guitarist like myself.

Here's the perfect guitar tandem:

Generate MIDI guitar solos in RB or BIAB, import that MIDI into your DAW and jam away!

It took me a while to get sound in the app in Pro Tools. Come to find I had to transpose my guitar note MIDI to a higher octave. It recognizes MIDI notes C4 and up and all my solos were generated in the C2/C3 range. I just had to drag the notes up to the higher octave, woot!

For anyone thinking about this app, it's the real deal! I love the sounds I get out of it.

Plug for Dave: Listen to "Here's to You" with Dave demoing the app over on the User Showcase.
You lucky things , Free !!.
Originally Posted By: sslechta
OMG Dave!!! I just got to play with this in Pro Tools! It's so awesome for a non-guitarist like myself.

Here's the perfect guitar tandem:

Generate MIDI guitar solos in RB or BIAB, import that MIDI into your DAW and jam away!

It took me a while to get sound in the app in Pro Tools. Come to find I had to transpose my guitar note MIDI to a higher octave. It recognizes MIDI notes C4 and up and all my solos were generated in the C2/C3 range. I just had to drag the notes up to the higher octave, woot!

For anyone thinking about this app, it's the real deal! I love the sounds I get out of it.

Plug for Dave: Listen to "Here's to You" with Dave demoing the app over on the User Showcase.

Hey Steve,

First of all, thanks for the plug!
Second of all, thanks for the heads up in the first place, I would have missed it except for your post.

Yes, it's very cool indeed, sounds great. I'm going to check out their other offerings soon.
Same here, I'm looking at the Bass module next as I already have a good drum one in SD3.
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Same here, I'm looking at the Bass module next as I already have a good drum one in SD3.

I'm waiting for Toontrack to release EZBass, supposed to be this quarter. cool
Decisions, decisions........
© PG Music Forums