PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike HOW K-POP TOOK OVER YOUTUBE - 09/14/19 01:03 PM

The article With links to supplemental material
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/11/20835774/monsta-x-steve-aoki-k-pop-play-it-cool-youtube-future-of-music-dani-deahl
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: HOW K-POP TOOK OVER YOUTUBE - 09/14/19 03:58 PM
I'm actually amazed at how this trend has caught on - years ago, it almost felt like a novelty genre of music to me but now it's clearly a force to be reckoned with, given that certain K-Pop artists are catching worldwide appeal.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: HOW K-POP TOOK OVER YOUTUBE - 09/14/19 07:20 PM
Things move so fast and unexpectedly and like they all said it's all about YouTube and social media. Boom, boom, boom! One thing to the next. Instant millionaires then on to the next thing. I think the 15 minutes of fame thing needs to revised downward to 5 minutes maybe?

The Songwriting forum has several threads talking about how can someone get their originals out there? Well, if they're over 40 they can't. Sure if you have a little money you can hire a 20 year social media coach who can set you up with all the platforms and show you what to do but what then? Your potential audience is that age too and they're to busy with family and jobs to be on social media anymore and you're sure not going to attract these kids.

Bob
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: HOW K-POP TOOK OVER YOUTUBE - 09/17/19 09:17 PM
It's actually been really interesting to see how far K-Pop's reach has expanded. They even had a K-Pop group on AGT a while back.
Posted By: edshaw Re: HOW K-POP TOOK OVER YOUTUBE - 09/18/19 01:11 PM
I hear the Hyundai Alyssa is the best Hyundai yet.
© PG Music Forums