PG Music Home
Posted By: Planobilly Going to Bucharest Romania next week - 10/03/19 12:21 PM
Hi,
I am going to London for a day or two and a few days in Dublin.

I have never been to Romania. I plan to stay there for a few weeks or till I get tired of it.If it gets too cold I will go to southern Spain.

I want to play guitar....set in with some band...go to a jam session or what ever. Play in the street if it comes to that.I don't need or want money.

I will most likely buy a playable Strat in London and give it to some kid when I leave. I for sure am not dragging any of my Tom Anderson's to Europe to play for fun!!

Got any ideas for Bucharest?
I've been to Prague, Budapest, Vienna, and a number of other European countries, but never Bucharest.

Let us know how it is.

I've always liked the traditional "gypsy" music that I've heard from that country.

Notes
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Going to Bucharest Romania next week - 10/04/19 11:30 AM
Hi Bob,

This will be my first trip to Romania. I only am required to be there for a few days. So....if it is fun, great!! If not, the cool thing about Europe is you can be just about anywhere in two hours. Flights are super cheap inside Europe.

I hope I at least get to listen to some of the local music.

Cheers,

Billy
I don't have any ideas as I've never personally been, but I am sure you will have a lot of fun! Safe travels.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Going to Bucharest Romania next week - 10/08/19 06:26 PM
I don't know Bucharest, but if it's anything like other capitols, you know the story. Find a bar with live music, show up early, and ask. I think it'd be great to leave a fender behind. You could change a young player's life in one of Europe's poorer countries. I left my Ovation in my old home for the son of friends. Actually, I liked him better than his parents. Told him to take care of it for me and made him sign a contract to that effect, but told his mother I'd never, ever be back for it. Last I heard he'd been learning and played every day. Have fun.
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Going to Bucharest Romania next week - 11/02/19 02:00 AM
Just a quick update. I stayed about 15 days in Bucharest. I did not feel well after I arrived in London with a lot of pain in my hip and the weather in Dublin did not help.

I took a Mexican Strat which I gave to someone I met. I had in mind to stay another three or four weeks in Europe but came home due to the hip issue. Many things in Bucharest are more modern than here in Miami. Very safe city full of beautiful women.

The "gypsys" are harshly treated in Romania and very much disliked. I really wanted to find some to play with but was advised not to.

I played at one club but was not feeling good so it was more work than fun. Nothing I took would stop the pain except four or five double Jameson whiskey. I don't normally drink at all so setting at the bar in the hotel was something new to me.

Don't ever get old...lol

Cheers,

Billy
© PG Music Forums