PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. Can not install Kontackt 6 ?? - 10/14/19 11:19 AM
hi guys I have kontackt 5 install this has the old service center so when I go to install 6 its says I must uninstall old 5 and I try that native access will not go all the way through installion I remove everthing that was related 5 thanks for any help on this eric
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can not install Kontackt 6 ?? - 10/14/19 12:47 PM
I did not have to uninstall the full version of Kontackt 5 in order to install the free version of Kontackt 6 Are you using the Program Manager Application provided by Kontackt to manage, install and delete? You should be.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Can not install Kontackt 6 ?? - 10/14/19 07:57 PM
hi dan I did use the un install from the service center manager eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can not install Kontackt 6 ?? - 10/15/19 10:23 AM
I have full versions of both Kontakt 5 and 6 running on my system. You do not have to uninstall 5 when installing 6.

Where did you purchase Kontakt 6?

Is it an upgrade or a new purchase?

When installing did you stop all background programs from running? Note sometimes an anti-virus or anti-malware program will mess up installations.

You may have gotten a bad download, been there - done that. I would reinstall 5 then download 6 again and install that.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Posted By: jford Re: Can not install Kontackt 6 ?? - 10/15/19 02:53 PM
Native Instruments no longer uses "Service Center" to install its programs. "Service Center" worked up through Kontakt 5, but then they introduced "Native Access" as the replacement for "Service Center". If I recall corrrectly, you can still use "Service Center" to install Kontakt 5, but if you have not downloaded and installed "Native Access", you will never get Kontakt 6 installed. Also, be sure to run "Native Access" as Administrator to ensure it writes all the proper information to your registry.

Also, note that if you have both installed, you will see the Kontakt 5 VSTi listed as "Kontakt 5", but the Kontakt 6 VSTi will be listed as just "Kontakt".
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Can not install Kontackt 6 ?? - 10/15/19 05:29 PM
Everything John just said is correct

Larry
© PG Music Forums