PG Music Home
Just cannot get this to download, anyone else having this problem ?.
I had no trouble getting it but NI downloads are notoriously slow. Make sure you’re using the Native Access app. It took over an hour to download Strummed Acoustic 2 and I have a 50Mb/s link. Most of my downloads can be measured in seconds but not NI.

My experience

Tony
Tony that's 2 hours and all its saying is waiting for connection, Honestly unbelievable.

Checked Google and I think it appears to be what browser I.E. Microsoft edge etc, you use what do you use ?.

Thanks

Callum

Attached picture Capture333.PNG
I have had no problem using FireFox. In fact when I formatted my HD and had to install all of my NI stuff it went very fast. Your slow DL my be due to the number of people taking advantage of the sale.
Mario

I did install Firefox and no difference, you could be correct in the volume of downloads going on at this time.

I did ticket the guys at N.I. So hopefully it gets attention, Thanks for your input appreciated.

Just a frustrated boy !!, Well its Christmas (nearly) after all.
I have to use Edge rather than IE or I cannot log into my account. Sorry I neglected to mention that. But to download and install I use the NI Access app as recommended by NI.

Tony
Tony

I am using Edge, Good to know you had success with it, means I should be ok with it as well, fingers crossed.

Thanks
Go through NI access and make sure it is up to date.
good luck.
You don't use a browser to download Native Instruments libraries. You use the browser to download the NI Native Access, which you then install on your computer. You then launch it and enter your account information. In the interface, you can enter a license code, but for stuff purchased directly from NI, it should how up automatically as a new available download or update. That's where you download Strummed Acoustic.

I also suspect that there are a lot of downloads going on with their 50% off sale, which may be taxing their servers.

Attached picture NI Native Access.jpg
Hi John

That's what I am using Native Access its been waiting all day All it says is waiting for a connection !!.
Beatmaster, just a thought...restart computer and try again. Sometimes we all forget simplest things.
I just opened up my Native Access App. It immediately informed me there was a Kontakt 6 Player Update available. I said update and it downloaded (584Mb)and installed the new version in ... wait for it, it is still updating.... Install Successful ~ 4 minutes.
Thanks rustyspoon I have done that and I disabled anti virus. Reloaded and downloaded native access.

Just waiting for a reply from them.
Not doing that for me Dan all day and still trying.
Start up task manager and take a look to see if there is anything hogging your resources. Usually when I have a good internet connection and my downloads bog down something is hogging the bandwidth or the cpu. If you find a resource hog, right click on it and hit END TASK and that will free the resource up.
Keith ill give that a go.

Thanks
If you still haven't got it working and have tried turning off the firewall, the following might be helpful to do.

1 check first that you are able to download other files from the net.
if so try the following, to do a totally clean re-install of Native Access.

2 download Revo Uninstaller free from
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

3 Run it and use its uninstall function to uninstall Native Access, then make sure that you don't close Revo uninstaller and do the advanced scan to remove any leftover files from the computer and registry, you will see the scan button in the Revo Uninstaller program.

I use Revo Uninstaller all the time, its a good program and just might solve the problem for you.
well I d/loaded revo ...no problem and I am going to give this a go, Thanks I will let you know how it goes
I use Revo Uninstaller also (I have the paid-for version).
Revo a great wee program, although it never helped, I have just received an Email from Ni and it included a link to d/load strummed acoustic from a Google storage site and its working now.

Biab files still not working I am being told to try another browser, this is unacceptable if these companys suspect a browser problem well GET IT SORTED !!.

tHANKS
If it was a browser related problem, I think your issue would not be such an isolated case.
It is browser related Google it I am not an isolated case !!.
Thanks all for your help very much appreciated.
© PG Music Forums