PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzmammal Jamstix major sale! - 11/30/19 09:50 PM
I've spent most of the afternoon on the Toontracks website trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or buy some expansion pak's or what. On the drum side I was about to upgrade to EZDrummer 2 for $90 but decided to check out Jamstix first. I've been a customer for years and realized I haven't gotten any emails from them about sales. They had a Thanksgiving sale that ends today and the prices were good so I started ordering a few things. As usual, you put one item in the cart then continue shopping, add another item etc. In the middle of that the website flashes and suddenly all the prices are cut in half and they're all in red!

This sale was decent an hour ago, now it's amazing and I just loaded up the boat. If anybody's interested in a killer drum program, this is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Rayzoon

Bob

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Jamstix major sale! - 11/30/19 10:28 PM
Yea I almost forgot, thanks

He seems to leave it up to you to check in to see whats up. Although when you open JamStix 4 Manager it tells you what is on sale and what is new and what you do/don't have.

I already have everything expect two of newest MIDI paks, so WTH (I'll go buy 'em)!

Larry

EDIT
"EXPECT" ! What was I EXPECTING a new brain? LOL
It was obviously suppose to read "...EXCEPT" but you all knew that so a waste to correct but WTH not
EDIT off
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/01/19 04:11 PM
Yes... That is a KILLER discount on this program. It was a game changer for me before I got into BB. Previously, I was rolling my own and they were not pretty.

AND.... this has some really nice sounding kits in it. AND..... it works with the sound libraries of many of the majors.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/01/19 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info.

I do have the free version of Jamstix, but haven't really played much with it.

How easy is it to simply load a lot of biab .Wav files into a Daw minus the drum track and have Jamstix playing a convincing drum track?

As you can guess I don't want to spend much time learning new software.

Thanks for any info.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/01/19 09:16 PM
Big fan of Jamstix here, but you knew that. grin
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/01/19 10:40 PM
I have jamstix 3 but mostly use EZ Drummer 2 and Logic Pro's Drummer which is nice too. I went ahead and upgraded to jamstix 4 and added the percussion module as well since the price is so low it is hard to pass up.
Posted By: jford Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/02/19 06:50 PM
A number of years ago, I had a problem with my order for Jamstix 3 (I had bought one of the lower paks to get started). Because of that, they offered me a whole bunch of their add-on modules for free. That's good customer service. I have since purchased all their offerings, and upgraded to Jamxtix 4 when it came out. Good pricing (especially with sales) and good customer service. Sounds like another company I do business with.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/03/19 12:16 PM
Speaking of customer service.... the owner of the company, Ralph, was... don't know if he still is, but he himself was handling tech support when they were starting.

I remember having some issues with JS1 & JS2 and Ralph was on the other end of the emails with some spot on advice and solutions.
Posted By: jford Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/03/19 01:00 PM
Yes, it was Ralph that I was emailing with. Great service.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/03/19 01:11 PM
Argh.

I've been waiting for RealiDrums to go on sale, and it's currently Black Friday priced at $99.

JamStix has been on my radar for some time, and I really like the idea behind it. I'm not really impressed by the sound, but it plays nice with other libraries, and I've got a ton of EZDrummer kits.

Decisions, decisions. My car's going into the shop this morning, so the choice may be much simpler once I get the bill. wink
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/03/19 03:46 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Argh.

I've been waiting for RealiDrums to go on sale, and it's currently Black Friday priced at $99.

JamStix has been on my radar for some time, and I really like the idea behind it. I'm not really impressed by the sound, but it plays nice with other libraries, and I've got a ton of EZDrummer kits.

Decisions, decisions. My car's going into the shop this morning, so the choice may be much simpler once I get the bill. wink

I like the upgrade form Jamstix 3 to 4 and have no regrets. I also purchased the percussion and all the addon pks. You are right it plays very nice with other drums. I have used it in the past with EZ Drummer2 and works just fine. The upgrade price and specials right now are good.
Posted By: Paj Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/10/19 02:55 PM
I finally caught the "everything" bundle on sale from Rayzoon. Worth the wait.

Paj
8^)
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/10/19 07:42 PM
I haven't really got into Jamstix and only have the free version.
Was looking for a quick way to create a drum track for a song from the Biab chord sheet.

You can get your Biab chords/part marker into Reaper/ReaTrak using the Biab Plugin,
click "Biab Plugin Chords".
You can create up some some ReaTrak Midi Drum Styles from the Jamstix Midi drum phrases.
Just drag the midi sections into Reaper,
create a region with the associated color for that section,
have pre & post fills,
you can add the brown region for solos/riffs ("Redo Drum Riff" will give a different solo each time),
save the midi with "Drums" in name in a folder
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 Sw8 4-4 80bpm
and in that folder
"Export/Renumber Regions"
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 + Riffs Sw8 4-4 80bpm.csv
and save the midi track
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 + Riffs Sw8 4-4 80bpm.mid

In your Biab song imported via "Biab Plugin Chords", select all regions or just a section,
Choose Instrument
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 + Riffs Sw8 4-4 80bpm.mid
ReaTrak Selection
Set Jamstix to MIDI PLAYBACK
Import Midi track into Biab.
If Biab had Midi UserTracks you could do it all in that.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/10/19 07:52 PM
Thanks Pipeline, good info there that I would need to study and put into practice.

Thank you.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/10/19 11:25 PM
The count-in is 2 bars
fills 1 bar
endings 4 bars for BB (or more if you stay in Reaper)

This is a simple basic one, you would add more variety of playing, more count-ins/intros, more endings and more riffs to make a better one. (take the .mp4 off the file)
You just glue the phrases then ctrl+alt drag export.
You can set the notes to ch10 then File > Export project mid > Time selection Selected item.
This is in Jamstix mapping:

EDIT: Updated download

Attached picture Jamstix-ReaTrak-Drums.png
Attached picture ReaTrak-Section-Colors.png
Attached File
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/11/19 01:25 AM
EDIT: as I'm using the Free Jamstix I had to record the midi output of Jamstix, but if you have a paid version you can just drag the phrases out into Reaper.
I updated that download above so it all works good now.
This is fitted to the BB song:

Full Screen GIF

Attached picture Jamstix-Fitted.png
Attached File
Fit-Jamstix.gif  (109 downloads)
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/11/19 03:50 AM
Now if you want to change sections:

Attached picture Fit-Jamstix3.gif
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Jamstix major sale! - 12/12/19 06:16 PM
I made a tutorial here:
Jamstix, EZDrummer..etc Fitting Drum Tracks Quickly to BB Chord Sheet
© PG Music Forums