PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Library vrs Instrument Management in Kontakt - 12/21/19 07:24 PM
Can someone help me confirm how Libraries and Instruments appear differently in Kontakt?

I was under the impression that anything in Kontakt would appear in the library window. But I recently installed Palette Primary Colors and it appears only in the Instrument Navigator.

Is this correct? Or is there a way to have the Palette Primary Colors appear up in Manage Libraries window? Hopefully, the pictures will help explain my question.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Attached picture Capture2.JPG
Third party developers have to pay a premium to Native Instruments for an instrument to be "tested" and certified by Native Instruments for the instrument to appear in the library.

From the Native Instruments +++ website +++
Quote:
A Kontakt player library is licensed by Native Instruments so it can appear inside the main Kontakt library tab. These libraries require activation in the Native Access app using a valid serial number. Generally these libraries can be identified by the special .nicnt file that they have.
Jim, that is wonderful news. Well, I mean it is wonderful that I could ask a simple question and get such a quick and appropriate response. I really appreciate you talking the time to clarify that for me.

thanks
Dan
Your welcome Dan. Glad to assist.
What Jim said is correct. But I just wanted to add that if there are instruments (selected from the Instruments file folder explorer) that you use a lot, you can drag the instrument to the "Quick Load" pane. Hit CTRL-F to see the quick load area at the bottom right of the interface (it's a toggle, so CTRL-F again makes it go away). Just highlight an instrument you want to "quick-load" and drag it down to the quick load area to access it, well, quickly. For me, this is the best alternative to them not showing up as a "library".
© PG Music Forums