PG Music Home
This is a stand alone program that can import a song and break it into the parts with the chords, key, tempo and a whole bunch more. This is the same company that produced the élastiquePro v3 engine and many other routines that are in BIAB as well as most DAWS out there. There are videos on YouTube that show what this program can do but to me it is like Audio Chord Wizard but has different features and some are very powerful. The program is on sale right now for $35 and change. I just bought it and am quite please so I thought I would pass it on.

deCoda
I just purchased DeCoda as it looked good and the demo version didn't export to see if it exported the chords.
But it only does a few chord types.
You can't export the chords, it should a least export them as midi markers.
You have to manually fill the notes in in the piano roll and moving them has no effect on the audio.

You can do it all and more with the free SonicVisualiser like export the chords.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2142463#post2142463

But I got in contact with zplane and they are working on improving it.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I just purchased DeCoda as it looked good and the demo version didn't export to see if it exported the chords.
But it only does a few chord types.
You can't export the chords, it should a least export them as midi markers.
You have to manually fill the notes in in the piano roll and moving them has no effect on the audio.

You can do it all and more with the free SonicVisualiser like export the chords.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2142463#post2142463

But I got in contact with zplane and they are working on improving it.

I am just getting started so I have not tried out everything. It says it only opens .wav or project files but I found I could load MP3 files with no problem. I have not tried out the piano roll where it looks like you can save notes to a midi file. I am not sure what is disabled in the demo version as I don't have that.
Thanks Brian, Have you tried the now discontinued Riffstation, which is my go to software to learn a song, seems it shares a lot of things with Decoda, slow a song down, loop, change key, chords etc?

Maybe Pipeline has both and can give a comparison taking into consideration that when learning a song you usually just want to load it into the software and not have too much else to do.

Originally Posted By: musiclover
Thanks Brian, Have you tried the now discontinued Riffstation, which is my go to software to learn a song, seems it shares a lot of things with Decoda, slow a song down, loop, change key, chords etc?

Maybe Pipeline has both and can give a comparison taking into consideration that when learning a song you usually just want to load it into the software and not have too much else to do.

Yes I have both software. Too bad Riff Station is discontinued. They both have similar features but Riff Station has a much better looking GUI. Besides having a lot of the same features here is one thing that Riff Station does not do that I am aware of and is what really caught my eye.
Piano Roll Editor
Once you edited the Riff you are trying to learn in the piano roll editor you can export this as MIDI and do whatever you wish with it.
Thank you, Brian!

Also, thanks to Pipeline and musiclover.
I just bought deCoda, but then I discovered sound surgeon and I already knew about Biab Auto Chord generator. What is the difference between these three products?
methodman, did you mean +++ Song Surgeon +++? The big difference I see is it they offer standalone product similar in features to the Audio Chord Wizard. They offer one-on-one product training in 20 minute increments. Their product use to also offer a video downloader but that feature was removed and is now sold as a separate product.
Originally Posted By: methodman
I just bought deCoda, but then I discovered sound surgeon and I already knew about Biab Auto Chord generator. What is the difference between these three products?

I have never used sound surgeon so I cannot comment on its use. They all can detect tempo/bpm, key, and chords and slow down without changing the pitch. I do know zplane who wrote deCoda actually wrote the routines that BIAB and most likely every DAW on the market that uses time stretching, tuning, harmony and them kinds of routines.

What the main difference is how they implement the routines in their software and is it user friendly. Also does it have some other feature that is useful for music production.
So far when I run an MP3 through deCoda I get fewer chords than when I run it through Biab autochord detect. Biab takes a few extra steps to pick loop points for practicing. Where deCoda horizotally breaks your song up into parts that are set up to loop. What I really want to see is if it can output a midi form of the separate instruments that can be put into a score writing program with the right time on all the notes. Biab used to be tied to the even formats.4/4, 3/4, 6/8 can be done cleanly now can't it? but for odd time signatures does it work? 5/4 oh, what's the most unusual time signature anyone has run across.
© PG Music Forums