PG Music Home
This looks cool, I'm downloading it all now:

https://new.steinberg.net/dorico/se/

It includes 2.5 gigs of Halion sounds and is a complete stand alone program. It's basically a light version of Dorico, no restrictions.

Edit.

I finished downloading and installing it with no issues. The email they send includes several vids about it. You're allowed two instruments or voices which for me is all I need so if you're scoring a multipart ensemble you'll need the full version. Otherwise it appears fully functional with HAlion already set up as the plugin, the full piano roll editor and full functioning control panels for inputting and editing your notation. It's a regular program, no time restrictions or anything else, just use it.

Bob
Got the same email. I registered and was going to download but the large download put me off a bit because of the size of my SSD and not so sure that Steinberg allow you to save the sounds to a different drive.

If you have it all set up, let us know what you think of it when you have played with it a little more.

Thanks.
Yes it allows you to select a drive for the HAlion sounds. I'm away for 5 days, no chance to do anything with it other than opening up a demo file to see it works ok.

Bob
© PG Music Forums