PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 02:28 PM
Im home recovering from surgery. Now to take each challange as they come one at atime and there are many. I'm feeling pretty could so I'll ell you 2 stories. Hope they are taken in the spirit they are being told.
1. My Dr.had to perform a second surgery. I adked him if there was some operator error or if the DeVinci Robot needed a patch.
2.While heavely sedated ,strapped to the bed and on a ventilator I managed a Houdini maneuver and extubated myself from the ventilator. I have no reclection.The hospital report says"patient self extubated and is doing well".My twisted brain wants to send him a bill just as a joke. I won't. In hind sight he laughed guite stronly and send there are some people this story will be mentioned. Could be bad for the ICU Rn in charge of my care.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 03:00 PM
That's awesome, John! Thanks for the update.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 03:34 PM
I'm glad that you are feeling better and have a sense of humor.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 05:23 PM
I'm glad your surgery went well John.

Hang in there and don't try to rush things along by getting too busy too soon. Good to hear from you.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 07:16 PM
Thanks for the update John, Thinking about ever-time I click into BIAB, and we all know that's often.

Again thanks for the update.

Later,

Danny C.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 08:17 PM
Good on you John. Humour is the key! I'm glad to hear you're getting through it all.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Update on my condition. - 01/17/20 10:07 PM
Hey John, best wishes for more recovery. We all really enjoy having you as part of the “crew” around here. Get better and keep posting.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Update on my condition. - 01/18/20 11:00 AM
I hope you recover quickly and completely and are able to smile and laugh all the way.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on my condition. - 01/18/20 11:43 AM
Notes,
Thanks. Yes I am very positive, see the funny side of things and have to laugh. Dealing with things as if i was a new baby. Diapers, rubber pants over and clothes.
We've all seen the comercial of the baby crying at 3am and the one not. Finding products for we big babies is available you just have to look. Use your resources. In this Forum is a wonderful resource that has been a tremendous help and encouragement. Thanks my friend.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Update on my condition. - 01/18/20 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm glad that you are feeling better and have a sense of humor.

exactly what I was thinking, but Mario beat me to the comment... so I'm quoting him
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Update on my condition. - 01/19/20 05:53 PM
Nice to see you are progressing well. Thanks for thinking of the forum.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Update on my condition. - 01/21/20 01:10 PM
hi John glad your doing well it gets better thanks eric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Update on my condition. - 01/23/20 10:51 AM
Positivity and humor!

Best to you.

J&B
Posted By: edshaw Re: Update on my condition. - 01/23/20 12:57 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Johnny.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Update on my condition. - 02/27/20 10:29 PM
Hey John,

I'd sure like to read a health update. Feel up to it? whistle
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on my condition. - 02/28/20 02:17 PM
Sure when i get on my computer so I can type.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on my condition. - 03/01/20 01:39 PM
I ended up back in the hospital for another week. When I got home in the middle of the night on like the third day Ice fight a severe fever. I got up out of bed at around 3 a.m. to change my diaper and was totally dizzy and fell forward. I grabbed hold of the dresser to stable myself but fell backwards and pulled the dresser down on top of me. That and drove my head into my nightstand and knocked me out. When I finally woke up I had no idea where I was everything felt totally foreign so I just started kicking on the walls of wherever I want to try to Rouse my wife. She found me laying in the shower. As it ends up I had a nasty urinary tract infection that the hospital could not nail down. They finally called in Center for Disease Control to do a 72-hour cultivation of both my blood in my urine. That told me that told them what I had for a bug going on and they gave me intravenous antibiotics that were totally different from what I had been getting nothing was working. The stuff they gave me it says on the package is for use for Anthrax exposure and also for the plague. It must have been a nasty one. I feel great now except for the fact that I'm 100% incontinent and that's challenge to deal with on a day-to-day basis other than that I'm moving alone don't see my doctors for another 3 months except for the oncologist who I'll see next week he's a guy that will give me my final medication so things are progressing doing okay for an old guy.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Update on my condition. - 03/01/20 03:44 PM
NO need to answer this question publicly but did they cath you? Please I really don't want to know. But a side effect for some guys is they cannot urinate as before. It will go away with time and you will be back to your usual self.

...Deb
Posted By: cchallum Re: Update on my condition. - 03/02/20 01:45 PM
John,
I’m late in getting a “continued recovery wish” out to you but have been away for awhile!!
Sounds as if you are making good progress and that’s great!!!
Just wishing you the very best!!’
Cecil
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on my condition. - 03/02/20 02:17 PM
Thanks
Posted By: MarioD Re: Update on my condition. - 03/02/20 04:42 PM
John, may you have a fast and total recovery.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Update on my condition. - 03/02/20 09:10 PM
John,

I'm sorry to read that challenges continue. UTI's are scary. They can really can cause crazy things to happen.

It's great that experience is behind you and that you're back into recovery mood again.

Continued thoughts, prayers and best wishes.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on my condition. - 03/02/20 10:31 PM
Thanks
© PG Music Forums