PG Music Home
I just purchased a used (of course) Solton MS4 to use in conjunction with my accordion with midi support. It works fine with the current settings, but I can't figure out how to change anything other than just selecting the various voices by using the vertical/horizontal matrix ... which, in itself, is pretty simple.

I have tried to find a USER MANUAL online and located only one, which shows only the cover page of the manual. The Ketron website is WORTHLESS! They show manual availability for newer equipment, like the MS40 (similar to MS4) but it's not in english and appears to be only about 6 pages ... certainly not enough to cover such a complex device.

Does anyone know a source to get a MS4 manual in ENGLISH? I'm willing to pay a reasonable price if necessary if I know it's the "real Mccoy" Short of that, I might go for an MS40 manual since my service guy says they are basically the same except the MS40 does not have the SELECTION MATRIX (my term) like the MS4.

I'm afraid to fool around too much when I don't know how to avoid messing something up so that it doesn't even work as well as it does now.

Thanks for any help!!!!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 01/17/20 11:09 PM
Have you tried any of these sites?

http://manuals.group/n_download_manual.php?brand=SOLTON&model=MS4&doctype1=Manual&doctype2=User&doctype3=Instructions

http://manuals.group/results.php?search=SOLTON%20MS4

http://www.manuals-online.net/manuals/solton+ms40+manual

http://www.manualswarehouse.com/ofrm.htm
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 01/18/20 12:33 AM
Quote:
Son "When I grow up I want to be a musician". Mom "son, choose one or the other, you can't be both"!

Mario, that's the best one ever. Love it grin grin grin
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 01/18/20 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quote:
Son "When I grow up I want to be a musician". Mom "son, choose one or the other, you can't be both"!

Mario, that's the best one ever. Love it grin grin grin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ditto ;-)
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 01/19/20 06:02 PM
A sound and design music company in Deleware is the Ketron distributor in the United States. I would try contacting them through +++ THEIR WEBSITE +++. An address and telephone number are listed on the bottom of each webpage.
Posted By: LeeB Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 02/11/20 10:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I checked the Ajam website and got the contact info. Will also check the other links provided as possible sources for manual. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: LeeB Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 02/12/20 03:59 PM
FOLLOW-UP. I tried the Manuals.group website and so far it has been a DISASTER. Cannot complete the download process despite numerous attempts. The CC payment has processed. They are in Panama and despite the fact that they show a "customer service" icon with a "headset" ... they do not provide help on the phone ... only by sending a contact form. No email address is provided.

The download process just puts you into different "endless loops" that bring you back to the same screen or to a search engine has various "manuals on-line" sites. I thought this WAS the download site. They provide a "SEND LINK" button that is supposed to prompt them to send you a direct link if you're having a problem, but they don't promise fast service (48 hours). But ... when you click on the link it takes you to an "ERROR" page. So, they have my $$ and I'm apparently out of luck.

Has anyone else used this "service". Their TERMS OF SERVICE are interesting and sound like they don't actually have any docs in any kind of database for download and ... for your money ... only send you to somewhere where you will find the doc ... or MIGHT FIND THE DOC? So ... are they just a rip-off service that just link you to some search engine? I hope not, but if so, what a scam!

I did contact the folks at Ajam in Delaware. Although the fellow was very nice, he couldn't really help. He gave me no encouragement about getting anything from the Ketron HQ.

Thanks Mario and others for the help ... even if it proves to be a dead end. I was so excited this morning when I paid my $30 and hit the download button ... then it all stopped! I don't really care so much about the $30, but I really like the format of the MS4 vs. later versions ... and that appears to be money wasted as well.

Again ... thanks, guys. And, let me know if you have used one of those "manuals" sites and found it to be legit! I'm willing to try again.

LEE
Posted By: LeeB Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 02/15/20 09:37 PM
UPDATE: The Solton MS-4 has arrived. It came as a pdf via "WeTransfer" document transfer site. File size: just over 4.4MB. 167 pages - English.

I'm relieved. Apparently the folks at "manuals group" are legit ... but their process is one that you have to just take a shot in the dark and hope that something is happening on the other end. I never got a confirmation that a file had been sent on their website. The process just seemed to be stuck in "spin."
It just appeared in my email. Fortunately, it didn't end up in my spam file ... as I had no way of knowing the origin and what originating email address to use in getting it on a whitelist to bypass the spam filter.

All is well, though. THANKS GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I found the group!!!!!!!!
Posted By: LeeB Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 02/15/20 09:39 PM
Ooops. In my previous post I meant to say the Solton MS-4 USER MANUAL had arrived. Kinda obvious that an MS-4 wouldn't arrive as a PDF ... right?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 02/16/20 09:23 AM
Great outcome, Lee.

Happy reading smile
I am not sure how to create a new post on this forum but this is about the solton ms40. I just bought a midi accordion and it came with the solton ms40. I set it up in my living room night one and everything was working great. also when I tested it with the guy I bought it off of it was also working great. Now I moved it to my office where I would have it set up all the time and when I turn it on it says "Warning, Internal Battery" press f1 to continue. I press f1 and it goes into the normal screen. BUT I get no sound output out of any of the outputs in the back. I hooked the midi up to my computer and it sort of works, but I think that is just a midi confusion. (a whole different topic lol). I've been using the accordion hooked up directly to my computer and its working great. I just kinda wanted this if I wanted to play it out somewhere. Also with the battery thing, I popped the cover off and tested the battery voltage. Its at 3.0 volts. I also did a hard reset, did not clear the error every time I turn it on. I'm running out of ideas. Do you think the battery issue and the no sound output issue are one causing the other?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Kedron Solton MS4 or MS40 User Manual - 03/06/21 03:13 PM
Quote:
I am not sure how to create a new post on this forum but this is about the solton ms40.

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While unfortunately I can't assist with your inquiry, but you can post a new topic using this button:

Attached picture 2021-03-07_5-10-06.jpg
Hello can you tell me how to do a hard reset on my MS40 please? Internal battery died and now I'm left with a blank screen. Thank you.
© PG Music Forums