PG Music Home
My old BIAB software was accidentally tossed during a home renovation in 2018. I was a regular on the forum for many years, and am getting back to composing some music.

Which BIAB upgrade is right for me? Here's what I need

1) I do not use midi

2) I am strictly an audio waveform guy. I used RealTracks and RealBand backing tracks with the chord progressions I entered

3) I use Reaper and Cakewalk. Reaper is better for me

4) I use Melodyne 4 Studio for vocal tweaking as well as monophonic note adjustments

5) I have a 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD.

6) Educational tutorials are not necessary.

What does everyone think?

Marc (AKA Moohead)
Marc,

Welcome back to the fold.
Marc, welcome also.

I would recommend that you purchase the highest package that your budget allows.
Probably the UltraPak will be adequate for your purposes.

Lower level Paks have plenty of MIDI but less RealTracks.

The UltraPak+ includes the MIDI songs and lessons Pak, which I don't think you require.

Hope this is helpful in some way.
Marc, call PG Music Sales. They will have records of your past purchases so you should not have to purchase from scratch. I believe the upgrades will install as new in any event but if you don't have an original 'starting full' copy on your computer, I'm not positive of this. Sales will know.

Then do what VideoTrack suggests, and let your budget be your guide. The base program is the same, so what you are buying is more RealTracks and Styles.

Welcome back.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Marc, welcome also.

I would recommend that you purchase the highest package that your budget allows.
Probably the UltraPak will be adequate for your purposes.

Lower level Paks have plenty of MIDI but less RealTracks.

The UltraPak+ includes the MIDI songs and lessons Pak, which I don't think you require.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

I completely agree with VT. UltraPak+ is the way to go.
Yep.Welcome
Welcome back, Moohead! I agree that the UltraPak plus the forty-nine Pak and the xtra styles is the way to go.
I’m pretty sure 49 pak is included in the ultra pak the + is not necessary for you if you don’t need lessons and such. That is what I bought this year
I really meant to say "and", not "plus". Sorry for the confusion.
Is the $169 upgrade still available, or did I miss the bus?!

Moo
Originally Posted By: moohead
Is the $169 upgrade still available, or did I miss the bus?!

Moo

I think you missed the bus, but telephone their sales people and explain your situation. You never know.
© PG Music Forums