PG Music Home
Posted By: cchallum Any Info About Academia.edu - 02/11/20 12:26 AM
BIAB Colleagues,
Have any of you possibly subscribed to Academia.edu where you can track citations made on your publications over the past many years, search for papers related to specific topics you’re interested in, see who has visited your profile, etc. I was hoping to find out more before possibly checking further. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cecil
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Any Info About Academia.edu - 02/11/20 01:26 AM
Sorry Cecil, I have not. I was a dean of academic affairs but that was before this existed.
Posted By: cchallum Re: Any Info About Academia.edu - 02/11/20 01:56 AM
I recently checked it out on YouTube and it appears to be an interesting and useful serious site for getting considerable insight and connections to many researchers in very specific areas such as, for example, multivariate music (which in my case is vector valued music obtained by converting MIDI data to matrix form) which, from use of the SAS statistics software package, can be studied in some very detailed and interesting ways....which I have done over the years!! Really fun and informative research that led to several publications over the years. So I think Academic.edu just might put me in touch with numerous others that may have done work on multivariate music via MIDI data!!
Cecil
Posted By: cchallum Re: Any Info About Academia.edu - 02/11/20 02:13 AM
An internet search on “SAS and Multivariate Music”
will bring up a few papers related to what I’ve mentioned above.....in case one is interested, “just for grins”, in this topic area!!
Cecil
© PG Music Forums