PG Music Home
Posted By: Andrew Ullmann Calling all UK users - 02/20/20 09:07 PM
Hello everyone. Although I have been mucking around with BIAB for some years, I am now ready to give enough time to learn it properly. I'm looking for a user group that can help. I'm in Leeds, have a mac and BIAB 2019, liked to my yamaha clavinova. I know what I want to achieve, but I'm finding it really difficult to push the right buttons in BIAB. Any support would be received with gratitude... and maybe a beer!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Calling all UK users - 02/20/20 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Andrew Ullmann
Hello everyone. Although I have been mucking around with BIAB for some years, I am now ready to give enough time to learn it properly. I'm looking for a user group that can help. I'm in Leeds, have a mac and BIAB 2019, liked to my yamaha clavinova. I know what I want to achieve, but I'm finding it really difficult to push the right buttons in BIAB. Any support would be received with gratitude... and maybe a beer!

BEER! If I lived within 100 kilometers from you I would be there wink

Seriously though don't be afraid to ask questions on these forums. This is the most friendly and helpful bunch of guys and gals on the web. All questions are respectfully answered. That means you will never get a "read the manual" answer.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Calling all UK users - 02/21/20 05:11 AM
Some of PG Music's video clips at the below link might be useful when it comes to giving some food-for-thought, too.

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbmac.htm

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Calling all UK users - 02/21/20 07:35 AM
HI Andrew.

I have copied here a couple of my old post may be of interest to you.

New BIAB W10 pc for my Yamaha CVP 405.

After my recent success with W7 to W10 upgrades on my 2 existing PCs, I decided to push the boat out and buy a new PC so that I could have BIAB and some of my other music software permanently connected to my Yamaha Clavinova CVP405 in my Lounge .
This saves me having to break down and move my existing BIAB PC from my normal every day work station and controller keyboard and Audio interface, to the other room and reset all midi and audio drivers to suit, then change them back again when I bring it back.
As I had not used my 3 BIAB installs allowed, and still had a spare license for Acronis True image it just had to find a suitable PC.
In the end I went for a 24 inch White all in one from HP
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5+ 8250U Processor
- Quad-core- 1.6 GHz / 3.4 GHz- 6 MB cache
RAM 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
Storage 2 TB HDD (7200 rpm)
The 24” monitor would also mean I could display 2 full A4 size PDF pages of music sheets side by side, useful as the pc screen would be using my music stand .

Below is diagram of my set up copied from another post
Hope this is some help.
Mike

Attached picture my BIAB Clavinova set up.jpg
© PG Music Forums