PG Music Home
My sweet wife, Joanne, started singing harmony to the familiar 50s oldies yesterday. She even remembered the lyrics evidenced by her taking the lead harmony part.

Color me elated but please stay within the lines.

I'm finding myself proving the power of music in the recovery from stroke damage ( which I've been advocating here in my nursing home for years, upon deaf ears, unfortunately. ) Music is the only activity that exercises 100% of the brain.

I will enjoy an outing ( ooting, Canadian ) with Joanne on Sunday. A dear friend has a lift van that she will loan to my son-in-law.

Donny and Joanne
Great News, you guys make sure you enjoy yourselves.

smile
Terrific news. I hope it keeps getting better and better for you both!

Bob
I would think a good bet would be for you guys to share a 5 gallon Shake at the Dairy Queen on the corner down the street. I say 5 gal because if Joanne want's a taste that would be the size I would be willing to share with you!

Have fun you kids!
Hey, gator bait!

Joanne already loves you through my eyes.

Would be awesome if she could meet you kids in person. I doubt that she's up to that yet though but getting closer every day.
Fantastic update Donny. This really is a sign that she's making wonderful progress.
Great news Donny, it is good to hear Joanne is improving. It seems she is making continual improvement.

I agree Music is a good tool. It is amazing to think of what it can do. Yesterday I did an hour in an Aged Care facility. It is good when folks get involved. I did SeeYa Later Alligator and was amazed at the response. I reckon at least 50% were singing along with it.

Tony
Keep at it. After Patricia Neal's stroke friends and family read to her continuously.

...Deb
Great reading Don. I bet you can hardly wait for the weekend.
What great news, Don!

Have a wonderful outing smile
The outing may have to be postponed while they continue outfitting my new wheelchair. They are installing a brand new model Dynavox with Eye-Tracking so I must learn to type using only my eyes. I was mostly unsuccessful in a previous attempt with Eye-Tracking but the VA assures me that the new technology is far superior now.
Such good news, Donny!
My dear daughter and son-in-law have missed a lot of work due to taking such great care of Joanne and bringing their home up to handicapped requirements such as grab rails in the shower and bathroom. A lot of hidden expenses.

How do you wonderful folks feel about funding sites like GO FUND THIS, etc?

To top it all off, Kelly's furnace has died and that will be a pricey repair.

Any suggestions regarding what we can do will be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Don and Joanne Gaynor
Hi Don.

Maybe not the answer you are looking for... but have you tried local craigslist for some items?

My father in law had problems with leg and I picked up a nice compact mobility scooter at craigslist for a fraction of original cost from C.L.

I heard good things about Gofundme site. Surely worth a try.
Great update!!!

J&B
I'm happy for you both.

Bob
Really glad to hear about this Don! Thanks for posting the good news.

Jeff
there is nothing wrong with any means to fund help when needed.
Rob,

Joanne maintains her wonderful attitude and sense of humor. She said: "I'll just have to learn everything again again! That's all!"
My daughter just sent a message that Joanne has just recognized a clock and can tell time!

She can read but stumbles over her words.

Dear forum mate, Charlie Foggle, sent Joanne a nice cassette player so she can listen to our old harmonies. The player came today despite our total lockdown. I have no idea how to get it the final mile to Joanne. They won't allow visitors.

Thanks for your love and generosity, Charlie.
That's great news Don!

I wish you and Joanne the best and I hope that you can see her soon.
Great news. I hope she heals quickly and completely.

Notes
Bob,

Thanks for your continued support and encouragement. This has been the worst personal crisis of my life and the coronavirus adds the perfect topper.

Joanne has always 'had my back' so, after 60 years, it's impossible to imagine life without her.
Don, I can't imagine how devastating this can be for you, and my heart goes out to you.

I watched my mother die from multiple strokes, and my mother-in-law had Parkinson's - Leilani was her caregiver for 11 years of decline.

So I know the devastation of a family illness, but Leilani and I are both healthy. If something like that should happen to my Leilani, I don't know the extent of sadness and horror I would feel. It's unimaginable.

I truly hope your Joanne comes back to you, 100% back to normal, and as quickly as possible. And also that that COVID stays away from you both.

Bob
Bob,

That speaks volumes about Leilani and I love her through your eyes. I will rest in knowing that you will be well cared for in any worst-case scenario. Please give her a big hug from Joanne and me.
© PG Music Forums