PG Music Home

Very interesting... thanks for sharing. I'll be playing with this right away.
I just discovered this myself a few days ago because like so many others I'm switching over from DirecTV to all streaming and I've been looking for ways to record shows, skip commercials and all that fun stuff we've been doing for years. This is called GameBar. All you have to do to start recording once you've set up the parameters is hit the Windows key and ALT-R and it just starts recording automatically, hit that combo again and it stops. If you just hit the Windows key and G it opens the configuration screen. Works perfectly for stuff coming directly out of your computer and if the video window is full screen, it records full screen and at HD resolution. I tested it with some YouTube vids and it works perfectly.

I just bought an Amazon Fire Stick and it doesn't work with that because it's plugged into the TV via an HDMI cable and not the computer. Still working on that. I know there are other screen capture software and even some hardware boxes as well, just haven't had time to research them.

Bob
Thanks for sharing these videos. It's nice to know these tools are built-in. Another reason to upgrade to Windows 10 for those that haven't made the leap yet.

I've got to admit I dreaded updating to Windows 10 but the adjustment from Windows 7 was much easier than I thought it would be.
the "GameBar" works fine, but I cannot find "Video Editor" on either of my Windows 10 machines. On my laptop I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. My desktop has Windows 10 Pro...
Who makes the app, and and can I download it?
It is part of the Photo's app, just type photo in your search bar and once opened you will see a tab that says video project. The other app is movie maker which you just type movie maker in the search bar and it come up. Movie Maker is a old windows app but is still included in windows 10.
I do have "Microsoft Photos", but with no Video options...
© PG Music Forums