PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD When the virus is over - 03/29/20 12:58 PM
When the Coronavirus emergency ends do a good deed for the rest of 2020-2021.
Spend your vacation in America.
Eat in your hometown restaurants.
Sleep in American hotels.
Visit American tourist places.
Buy American products or buy in American stores.
Buy from local artisans, local businesses.
Support companies that have had difficulties due to low or lax of sales.

For my Internet friends who do not live in America substitute your country's name in place of America.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 01:50 PM
Yes, that is our plan.

We had booked a vacation to Portugal and Spain for the fall, sort of a bucket list item for us, we have never been there before.

But, assuming this emergency is over by the fall, we will vacation in Canada instead.
Posted By: MarioD Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yes, that is our plan.

We had booked a vacation to Portugal and Spain for the fall, sort of a bucket list item for us, we have never been there before.

But, assuming this emergency is over by the fall, we will vacation in Canada instead.

If you go to Niagara Falls let me know. I live about 1.5 hours from there and we go quite often. Maybe we can meet up? We have passports so we can go on the Canadian side.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 04:32 PM
I can attest, Mario’s a lot of fun to meet up with.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 04:45 PM
And if you are an American and are doing OK financially consider donating all or part of your
$1200 freebie to somebody who needs it more.

J&B
Posted By: Noel96 Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
And if you are an American and are doing OK financially consider donating all or part of your
$1200 freebie to somebody who needs it more.

J&B

Because my job continues during the virus, I'm in a much better financial position than many of my fellow Australians. I will be doing the equivalent of this in my country. I'm also keeping a watch on people around me and vulnerable people when I go grocery shopping.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 06:48 PM
Some people need help from a good deed right now, too.

Looking out for one another can mean an awful lot to many people. For example: here's a true story from one of the people within my family's circle...

The mother of my son's partner was shopping at a small, local supermarket two weeks ago. Let's call her Anne to protect her identity. A worker at the supermarket had put the store's last five packages of toilet paper on the shelves. A woman came along and asked him if she could take all five. The worker let her.

Next, an elderly man came along to get some toilet paper. When he saw that he'd missed out, tears came to his eyes.

Anne who was watching this unfold then asked the supermarket worker why he let the lady take all the paper. Anne pointed out that he should be making sure his local customers are not left without basic requirements and that the lady should have been allowed to take one only.

The worker agreed with Anne and took back four of the packages and gave one to the elderly man.
Posted By: MarioD Re: When the virus is over - 03/29/20 08:53 PM
Good for Anne!

Hoarders are making this much worse than it really is, and it is bad, don't get me wrong.

Around here grocery stores are rationing virtually everything, i.e. only two per customer. They had to as hoarding was getting out of hand.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: When the virus is over - 03/30/20 12:14 AM
Mario just got the jumbo pak of dryer sheets!
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: When the virus is over - 03/30/20 09:48 AM
Mario, your first post is exactly what I intend to do.

Being a local businessman I have always thought it a good idea to support other local businesses.

If I can't get it locally, I get as close to home as possible.

Thanks for posting that.

Notes
Posted By: Danny C. Re: When the virus is over - 03/30/20 11:24 AM
B I N G O!
© PG Music Forums