PG Music Home
In another forum the topic strayed and somehow got to my first little accordion when I started lessons. The backstory goes that I started at 4 yrs and 10 months of age, April of 1956. I was so small I couldn't really sit at a piano yet.

Jim Fogle suggested that I link to that post so the accordion players can see it. This link will take you to the post in that thread with some photos.

As you look at it, consider that I am not sure it was new when I got it. (I wasn't even 5 yet!) It is a Mignon (no idea about that brand) and until recently it had sat in the case for like 50 years. Hope you accordionists enjoy seeing my little toy!
Wow Eddie, looks like a cool little unit. What's it like on 'Beer Barrel Polka' grin
I think you're gonna need a smaller hand smile
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Wow Eddie, looks like a cool little unit. What's it like on 'Beer Barrel Polka'

I can't even imagine what I could actually play given the range of the keyboard. And it's far too long ago to remember.

Quote:
I think you're gonna need a smaller hand.

My hands now as an old man are very strange. Wide at the knuckles but very short fingers and extremely strong, so much so that when I play guitar it is hard to fret chords without pulling the strings out of tune. I can barely reach an octave on a piano. My reach is one octave plus one key, so like a C to the D an octave above it. Plus from being a catcher when I was young, I broke my right hand pinkie twice and the right hand ring finger 3 times. In those days, they would just tape the broken one to the one next to it and you kept playing, so my right pinkie is actually curved toward the ring finger more than is natural.

But on the little accordion, remember I was not yet 5 years old when I started on it.
I'm totally amazed that the bellows is still intact. I think it's a pretty instrument.
© PG Music Forums