PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/26/20 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy_JuYTuGM
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/27/20 01:56 PM
Thanks Pipeline. Also saw your comment on the related post in the Recording forum.

I'm very much excited to upgrade. I'm on Melodyne Editor.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/27/20 02:22 PM
Lots of good stuff. They released a group of 18 videos with the news of Melodyne 5. Lots of geek factor in these for those who like to learn all of this....

Melodyne 5 Videos
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/28/20 10:45 AM
I'm using editor here also. Upgrade was $99, not a bad price IMHO.

Haven't got deeply into it yet, but did try out the chord track/analyse function. Brilliant!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/28/20 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I'm using editor here also. Upgrade was $99, not a bad price IMHO.

Yes, I upgraded through Sweetwater since I have a card with them. Went to enter the key code at Celemony and found I had upgraded to Studio and some point. I totally forgot!

I called Sweetwater and they were able to refund my Editor upgrade and get me the Studio upgrade I needed. Great customer service! I was able to get the correct code in and I'm up and running.

I really enjoyed the chord functions video.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/31/20 08:00 PM
OK, I have Melodyne 4, Assistant. It does not have DNA Direct Note Access – algorithms for polyphonic instruments such as piano and guitar. So I assume all this "Chord Stuff" onlyl works with the more expensive versions? Is that correct?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 05/31/20 08:13 PM
You can try 5 but make a copy of your version 4 vst32 vst64 vst3 and standalone as 5 will overwrite.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=599397#Post599397
Posted By: KeithS Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/01/20 01:46 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
OK, I have Melodyne 4, Assistant. It does not have DNA Direct Note Access – algorithms for polyphonic instruments such as piano and guitar. So I assume all this "Chord Stuff" onlyl works with the more expensive versions? Is that correct?

confused
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/01/20 03:14 PM
I'm still using an early version of Melodyne but it is the poly version. Very hand tool indeed.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/01/20 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: KeithS

You need Editor or Studio for this “Chord Stuff”.

Ya, that is what I figured, thanks for confirming. Looks like $249 needed for dual upgrade, version 4 to 5 and assistant to Editor.

Then there is EZBass for $149. No way I can spend $400 and get both. cry

Posted By: Pipeline Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/03/20 05:53 AM
OK, I have Melodyne 4, Assistant. It does not have DNA Direct Note Access – algorithms for polyphonic instruments such as piano and guitar. So I assume all this "Chord Stuff" only works with the more expensive versions? Is that correct?

I would check it out as this was mention in the Reaper forum:
Quote:
Apparently even Melodyne 5 Essential can get create a chord track from polyphonic audio..
Posted By: Teunis Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/03/20 06:32 AM
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy_JuYTuGM

It shows about the chord options. At the end he goes on to say that even the Essentials Program will display chords. You can only edit monophonic but it will display the chords (polyphonic).

That’s how I understand it.

Tony
Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/03/20 09:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Teunis
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy_JuYTuGM

... At the end he goes on to say that even the Essentials Program will display chords. You can only edit monophonic but it will display the chords (polyphonic).

Tony

Wonderful grin The video clearly says the chord identification works in all versions of Melodyn. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The $49 upgrade is much more palatable.
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/05/20 10:43 AM
I just looked at the requirement spec for Melodyne 5 and it says from Windows 10 is required.
Anyone still on windows 7 try it yet?
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/05/20 01:52 PM
I have Melodyne Studio 4.2.3.001. I use it almost every day for pitch and time correction...

Apparently my upgrade price for Studio 5 is $149.
I'm wondering if it's worth the price... any thoughts..?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/05/20 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: bloc-head
I have Melodyne Studio 4.2.3.001. I use it almost every day for pitch and time correction...

I upgraded because of the sibilance feature. That looks like a game changer for me.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/05/20 03:40 PM

Here is my benchmark standards for software:

no-brainer limit < $49 USD
stretch-limit $50 - $99 USD
ouch-limit $100 - $149 USD
but I really need this limit $150 - $199
no-way limit >$200

I have Melodyne Assistant 4.0, to upgrade to Melodyne Assistant 5.0 - $49
Then to go up to Studio 5.0 is another $199. So I am asking the same question as you grin
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/05/20 06:13 PM

I upgraded from Studio 4 to 5 as well. For me it's about having the latest features and tech. Go through all the info they have on the new features of 5 and make the choice. If you cannot justify the money because 4 is doing every thing you need it to, don't upgrade.

Repeating the link for all the videos for you to peruse. That helped me a lot.
Melodyne 5 Videos
Posted By: TheMaartian Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/05/20 06:16 PM
If you would like to do any what's shown in this video, then you'll need the Studio version. I bought the Studio version during the v2 to v4 upgrade for a similar price. Never regretted it. Don't use the Studio features often, but when you need them, it's a huge time saver. And Melodyne 5 is now easily my deesser of choice!

Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/10/20 10:01 AM
Just installed this Melodyn 5 Assistant upgrade, and had an immediate Virus Alert from MS Defender during the install. Win 10 was the Newest Version (Just installed Win 10 update v2004 hours earlier). Machine shut down hard. I grabbed this image just before shutdown. Took some time to get the machine running again. Install appears to be successful. Both standalone and VST3 in Reaper loads with no issues.

Just wanted to give you a heads up. This sounds like complaints we get at times for BIAB updates. I can only imagine (and hope) it was a false alarm due to the ever changing versions of Win 10.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/10/20 11:42 AM
I think this was just a coincidence with your Melodyne install. It looks totally separate.....

From Microsoft: Trojan:BAT/Killav.DJ!MSR - is a detection for a batch script which attempts to terminate the Windows Defender process MSASCui.exe.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/13/20 10:21 AM
in the past when Melodyne released a new version, I would get an email with an upgrade price. I have not received anything about Melodyne 5. What is everyone else's experience? Those who upgraded: did you take the initiative? Or did you follow their invitation?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/13/20 10:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
in the past when Melodyne released a new version, I would get an email with an upgrade price. I have not received anything about Melodyne 5. What is everyone else's experience? Those who upgraded: did you take the initiative? Or did you follow their invitation?

As of today I have not received an email from Celemony either. After reading about the upgrade here I went on their web site and ordered the upgrade.
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/13/20 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

I did receive an email the first day it was released but it did not include a price. I am a Melodyne Studio user and it took me a little bit of searching for the upgrade price. How I finally found it was by logging into my account and fumbling around in that area. Mind you this was the very first day it was released. I did purchase the upgrade for I believe $149. I know I could of got it cheaper from Sweetwater and others but I was a little excited. It is one of my favorite tools.
Brian
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/15/20 11:08 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
As of today I have not received an email from Celemony either. After reading about the upgrade here I went on their web site and ordered the upgrade.

Same situation here.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/15/20 06:24 PM
Well I must be “lucky” I’ve not only received emails but more annoyingly I get sent off to the Celemony WEB Site regularly to be reminded about the update whilst using Melodyne. I rarely use Melodyne so at this time I don’t see a need to update. I use it mostly for converting audio to MIDI but have found using Reatune in Reaper probably does it easier. For monophonic tracks Reatune seems a really good tool for tuning a track and in my humble opinion easier all round than Melodyne.

Tony
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Melodyne 5 Chord Track - 06/17/20 05:57 PM
last evening I watched all 18 videos about the new Melodyne 5. It's a pretty impressive update to an already amazing product! I hope they've finally solved the problem with artifacts. We'll see in a few minutes... getting ready to install it now!
Posted By: Dolan43 Re: Melodyne 5 Play ack - 06/27/20 03:08 PM
I have a trial version of Melodyne 5. I Have a problem with playback. When I double click on the ruler I’m supposed to have melodyne and the DAW track play at the same time. This does not happen. My DAW track plays back without a vocal and I hear nothing from the Melodyne track. What am I doing wrong? I can’t get this to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodyne 5 Play ack - 06/27/20 03:40 PM
what daw?
Posted By: Dolan43 Re: Melodyne 5 Play ack - 06/27/20 05:49 PM
logic 10.5
Posted By: Teunis Re: Melodyne 5 Play ack - 07/05/20 04:48 AM
I was on the fence about going to Melodyne 5 but I watched Mike Enjo’s video and some of the features looked good. I got some money refunded for the trip to Europe I paid for last year but cannot take due to the lockdown, so I thought why not.

Well I’m totally surprised and thrilled to bits.

I usually use Melodyne for converting a bit of whatever audio to MIDI. For example a RealTrack when there is something I don’t like about the instrument but like what is played. Often however there is quite a bit of playing about in Melodyne 4 such as deleting or moving blobs. Sometimes it is hard to get the chords and or picking just how it was.

Today I pulled the audio of some Realtracks I had played with in the past into Sonar. Used Melodyne 5 with ARA. Melodyne 5 neatly found the chords and correct notes saved it as MIDI. Unlike in the past the MIDI came up clean without a heap of extra notes I did not want. This was both for piano, bass and guitar.

All I then had to do was pull in the MIDI tracks apply them to the instrument and away it went. Very easy and done in no time. I was able to put in what was a RealTrack picking on a nylon string guitar and apply the picking to the AmpleSound Martin Acoustic. Also a piano track that I didn’t like the tone so much put the track to Addictive Keys where I could set my own tone.

A long story but what I’m trying to say is the Melodyne 5 update is well worth it IMHO.

Tony
© PG Music Forums