PG Music Home
Looks like it's that time again to update Windows as Microsoft has just released the latest build of Windows 10 version 2004.

Have updated one computer, less successful on my main desktop as it fails to update, maybe something to do with computer being ten years old, I don't know.

Does seem to take a long time for computer to update on the one that worked ok for me.
Only complaint I have so far is that my screens won't go into powersaver mode even though it's turned on. I need to do some research to see if anyone else has the issue.
Ya know Steve, I thought it was just me, but I'm noticing the same thing. Let us know what you find out.

Jeff
“Windows Update”

- two words that strike fear into the hearts of anyone doing digital audio.
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Let us know what you find out.

I found some 5 year old posts on the issue on Microsoft's website and they were related to USB port issues. They said unplug the offending USB device and plug it back in. Since I didn't know which one, I set the screens to turn off in 5 minutes and unplugged all 5 USB devices. BOOM! Problem was solved. I plugged them all back in and the problem started again. So I started working one plug at a time and found the problem device was a USB flight stick (joystick). If I leave that one unplugged my screens turn off like normal.

Looks like I may need to find new drivers for it. frown At least I figured it out and hopes this helps you!
Yea, thanks Steve. I'll give the USB route a try. Appreciate you offering up your experience.

Jeff
© PG Music Forums