PG Music Home
Posted By: EdZ314 Pat Martino Trio - Sunny - great performance - 06/14/20 06:43 PM
I came across a recommendation to check out guitarist Pat Martino by Rick Beato on his YouTube channel in one of his old videos. I had heard the name but never actually seen or heard him perform. I Googled a bit and found this performance of the Pat Martino Trio with John Scofield. Joey DeFrancesco on the Hammond B3 was particularly impressive, but I thought all of them were in top form.

Pat Martino Trio with John Scofield
Pat Martino is one of the RealTracks artist... so he can play in your band...
Now that was music at its best!
Hey Floyd - of course! - that's where I saw his name. That is so funny, but exceedingly cool!
He is great... I use him a lot as a soloist on jazz tracks.
Great vid. I got to see Pat years ago at Jazz Alley in Seattle and got to say hello to him on a break, but as a keys player the star of this vid is Joey D on organ. Check out his bass lines, just incredible. I can do some of that but not like him.

Bob
Apparently Pat Martino is very sick and was going through serious financial troubles. His manager has set up a go fund me site. I heard about it via one of Jimmy Bruno's videos.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/pat-martino-fund

Jimmy was very complimentary of Pat. Pat has a fascinating, albeit complex, video on Truefire.
Wow - thanks for sharing! A great watch, and would have never seen it otherwise. Great find smile
© PG Music Forums