PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 12:12 PM
Hi folks, just wondering what vocal harmoniser you can use with BIAB ? We've tried a couple of harmoniser boxes but were not impressed so I've decided to tray software that doesn't cost a packet, and, one which can be used when recording video. We need one that'll work with a voice singing and produce real time natural sounding harmony
Posted By: DrDan Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 12:33 PM
Flurry, might as well add the Holy Grail to this search while you are at it. I have never found a software vocal harmonizer which was worth its were. I worked the the TC Helicon VLT over the years and it could do the job. Good luck.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 01:23 PM
Up until you said.... real time.... natural sounding...

I did find a few by searching.... how natural it sounds is, I guess, totally on your ears and how critical the listening environment is.

I saw a band many years ago that swore they were using s harmonizer, controlled by midi, to do the BGHV for their live show. I couldn't tell you the name of it if my life depended on it. That was over 30 years ago and I'd almost guarantee they were lying to me and they were running a tape.

But... here's a link to the supposed 10 best: https://www.sustainpunch.com/vocal-harmonizer-pedals/ there are a few videos of them in real time action. Fairly impressive.
Posted By: furry Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 05:00 PM
thanks guys, I was thinking about the TC Helicon singer 2, but finding decent demos is darned near impossible
Posted By: DrDan Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 05:55 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
thanks guys, I was thinking about the TC Helicon singer 2, but finding decent demos is darned near impossible

OK, that is hardware and is miles above what any software can do. From my experience, TCHelicon hardware is the gold standard. The Voice Live Touch series is the top of the line and priced that way. These are all generally or totally designed for live performance. I have the TCH-VLT and even I sounded good with it which is no small miracle. They can be a lot of fun.

Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 07:31 PM
I have an older tc unit that I have used quite a bit I used to have Real Band fire thru midi and if you really set it up right it sounded pretty good. The trick was not to over do it. I tried on A recording project I would use one tc track, sing one live and Maybe make one in RB. I also panned and reverberate them
Posted By: TheMaartian Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/17/20 07:43 PM
For a software solution, take a look at Eventide's H910 plugin. It's a lot of fun to work with.

H910 Plugin by Eventide

Posted By: lambada Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/19/20 05:46 AM
The VoiceLive 3 Extreme is the top of the range from TC. I have one and love it. So many features but expensive and it's been around now for a while. There has been talk of a 4, but you'll never know until it arrives. I'd have a look at the new TC pedals and cheaper models as they are newer and probably very good.
Posted By: furry Re: Vocal harmoniser questions - 07/19/20 05:13 PM
Thanks for all the comments folks, we'll try the helicon singer 2
© PG Music Forums