PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/01/20 10:48 PM
Hi Folks.

I want to post a short user track to the forum... I zipped UserTrack folder, it is 35megs...
Forum does not accept zips. What (service) should I use to upload and post?

Thank you.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/01/20 11:02 PM
my usertrack.zip.mp4 but the limit is 10meg.
You can use dropbox.com free account 2GB
mediafire.com free 10GB
mega.nz free 15GB
Can you use a DropBox account (or similar) and then include the link to the file in your post?
Pipeline, Videotrack

Thank you!
I used to have DB years ago, will check if subscription is still active.
Go to soundcloud and you can set up several accounts or just use one. Post it there as an MP3 and post the link to the page here and you're good.

Drop Box also works well for this and it's easy to edit and delete as needed. You can also share the folder in Dropbox with collaborators.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/03/20 06:12 PM
If you are posting to SoundCloud do so as a .wav, flac or other lossless format at 48k 16 bit. That is the best format for SoundCloud upload. See the SoundCloud site.

Ensure you loudness is correct. About -9 to -13 LUFS. That way people can get the best listening and/or download. Make the peak less than -1 dB to ensure no clipping when Soundcloud do their conversion.

Tony

Edit: see https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003452847-Uploading-requirements
Posted By: rharv Re: Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/03/20 06:58 PM
Yet another option is to create a new (free) gmail account and open a new (free) dropBox account with that.
Or open a free Outlook account and do the same with the free OneDrive.

Lots of options available.

The point is to get the content hosted somewhere other than PGMusic. Then you can link to it there.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/03/20 07:23 PM
It's a shame PG could not host UserTracks as there are too many dead (dropbox) links in the UserTrack forum and this way all the links are in one place permanently.
They should be able to increase the upload size and add zip-rar-7zip option just in the UserTrack forum.
There are UserTracks hosted here https://www.realband.org/usertracks.html but they won't be there permanently.

Frank_UserTracks (Open link in New Window)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d4v4ntfpbf16e

Posted By: rharv Re: Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/03/20 09:10 PM
Yeah, vetting these and providing hosting space would seem appropriate. I agree with Pipeline in that regard.
I was just suggesting alternative ways to 'get er done'.
Same with some of the old BB song collections that have been shared; they are a treasure trove PGMusic could easily harness.
Or at the very least archive/store.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
It's a shame PG could not host UserTracks as there are too many dead (dropbox) links in the UserTrack forum and this way all the links are in one place permanently...

Definitely a great idea if this was possible to achieve.
+1
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Format for user track upload to forum? - 08/05/20 05:33 PM
I didn't read all the replies but the sort answer is you DON"T upload your tracks to the forum. You upload a link to the track that is stored elsewhere.
© PG Music Forums