PG Music Home
I have been away for a while. Now when I post something on soundcloud I get what I consider inappropriate "offers" posted to my account. I see this happening to other people also.

I delete them and mark them as spam and block them but this is unwanted work to manage this.

Is there any way to automate this process?

Billy
Nope. Public system. If you account on any public system is open to the public it is open to the good public and the bad public.
Maybe they just like your music Billy and want to come to spend the weekend with you at your farm.

smile
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Maybe they just like your music Billy and want to come to spend the weekend with you at your farm.

smile

For a slight nominal fee.....
Young people frequent these forums.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

Having been on here for years just like your good self, that has been seen as one of the big problems, as there are not many younger than 50.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

If only...
Maybe 50 is considered young....the new 20.

smile
Perhaps the stuff on soundcloud was worth it just to get you guys to make me laugh....lol

They can come over to the farm but they need dress up right. I don't want them scaring my chickens....lol

On a serious note, I don't really care what people do. There are kids who look at my soundcloud page. After looking around, this is a big issue for soundcloud and is costing them money.

Cheers,

Billy

EDIT...It was sure not my intent to write anything that would have the same results as the soundcloud issue. So I changed the wording a bit.
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
There are kids who look at my soundcloud page.

Yeah, but kids now aren't what we were when WE were kids. They are aware.
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
There are kids who look at my soundcloud page.

Yeah, but kids now aren't what we were when WE were kids. They are aware.

That's so true Eddie, same worldwide sadly
You boys sure are keeping Andrew busy tonight. smile
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

No kidding.
For Andrew -
https://beeroverip.org/

he earned it smile
Originally Posted By: rharv
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

No kidding.
For Andrew -
https://beeroverip.org/

he earned it smile

Yep, and if I ever had the privilege to meet him, it would be my shout smile
Andrew got involved when I requested him to, after I gave a gentle caution that was ignored.

This is a public forum open to children and we need to remember that and act appropriately. Yes, I wish we had young people participating but that doesn’t mean they aren’t reading these posts. Did you want your granddaughter reading that?

We would all prefer Andrew continues doing the wonderful work he normally does rather than deal with unnecessary nonsense here.
First of all I apologize for the original heading in the thread. I did change it as soon as I realized what was going on. I also modified my response to what others were joking about after I realized what Matt was trying to say. We don't normally interact with children here so they are not the first thing that comes to my mind.

The post was originally made for the very reason I would not want your grand kid to see the stuff that gets put on soundcloud without our permission or knolledge. I actually was not even thinking about the kids but about the people who are normally here.

Soundcloud is a site that is used to hold many of the songs that get posted here on this site. The issue is highly relevant to keeping our younger folks and older folks for that matter from being exposed to inappropriate content when you click on a song someone here has posted.

There are any number of issues that come up with accounts like soundcloud where people store many recordings. Some recordings may very well not be appropriate for this site. The only way you have real control is to prevent linking to any other site and that is not likely to happen.

Again, for anyone I have offended I apologize. In future post I will also try to be more cognoscente of the of words I use.

Cheers,

Billy
Good man, Billy. We're cool.

I don't use Soundcloud but your point was important. People of all sorts can comment on our music, and I don't have a good answer to this problem.
Let's just say those ladies are very affectionate. I have no idea how to send them on their way, either.

...Deb
Somehow my SoundCloud account is relatively spam-free, with the exception of the accounts that promise more traffic. But I don't really have much activity except for in February during February Album Writing Month.

-Scott
I just block/report them And also the ones promising a zillion plays in an hour smile I typically have one or two immediately after posting and then no more. Time expended per song post is less than a minute to dump them.

Bud
I quit using them because of this nonsense. It got to a point where every song had a comment from some lovely lass telling me how my lyrics moved her so ( a tear... sniff sniff...) and the play count had not increased so she had never even listened. By now I have seen about ever scam and phish out there so nothing surprises me anymore.
© PG Music Forums