PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan HOW TO LISTEN TO (AND APPRECIATE) GREAT MUSIC - 09/17/20 05:34 AM
I really found this enjoyable. And no, you don't have to be over 50 to watch! grin

https://www.onedayu.com/aarp-916/

Presented by AARP
AARP is proud to present a selection of lectures to the 50-plus community from One Day University. One Day University works with hundreds of professors from over 200 of the country’s best colleges to develop fascinating talks designed to educate, entertain and inspire. Join us to learn more about the human brain and what we know and what we don’t about it. This presentation will be followed by a live Q&A with Professor Grossman!

HOW TO LISTEN TO (AND APPRECIATE) GREAT MUSIC
Orin Grossman / Fairfield University
Ya, I agree Dan. This one is really good. Never thought much about how he dissects the various parts. It does open up a whole new way of listening.

Jeff
Very interesting - I have it bookmarked for later. There's a lot of highly acclaimed music that hasn't ever 'clicked' with me, so to speak. I give all forms of music an honest shot when I know it is universally acclaimed. This could be really beneficial - thanks for sharing smile
I enjoyed the off-comments by the good Professor, "...the mystery of a great melody and ...elements of music only a non-musician can love", as well as the overall academic vibe. I cold listen to this guy some more.
© PG Music Forums