PG Music Home
Or am I getting older and feebler? I remember ripping packs open but now I have to use a knife on cardboard boxes and sometimes I'm even reduced to using scissors to open plastic packs.

Worst of all are blister packs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubZInAs0-A
I loathe blister packs. I have a pair of shears advertised to be able to cut through a penny and it makes short work of them.

When buying something if I have a choice between plastic packaging or not between two comparable products, I'll buy the non-plastic. We have too much of it and less than 10% of it gets recycled.

Insights and incites by Notes
I hate them also.

Sometimes a CD/DVD opener will work on them:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EZ-CD-113-067...94f753373389cc9
Packaging use to be for the convenience of the buyer. It is now produced only to assist the seller. We put up with it and it is just one more quality of life issues of the current times.

I don't even try to open things without tools any longer.

We may not be required to put up with this too much longer. Much of this plastic is winding up in the ocean and in the food supply. It very well may kill all of us.

Billy
I think retailers believe blister packs are a theft deterrence.

Hard to open packaging may deter the "honest" folks the same way door locks do but they don't slow down professionals at all.
I went out into the garage the other day and got a hand saw.
I bought one of these for opening those blister packs.

It came in a blister pack.
That's what happen to Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm,
he bought an exacto knife at the hardware store to open the package he had at home, they put it in a bag for him, so on the way home he saw his friend was in a car accident and he couldn't get out as his seat belt was stuck so Larry ran back to his car to get his exacto knife to cut his seat belt but when he got it out of the bag it was in impregnable plastic packaging smile
Bob,

I think we're all getting older and feebler but those damn blister packs are a pain.

I keep a couple of pairs of heavy duty kitchen shears laying around for that and splitting open an occasional lobster tail to put on the grill.
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

THANK YOU!!! smile smile smile
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

THANK YOU!!! smile smile smile

Oh the irony..... huh?

Oh the irony! Thanks for that - needed a laugh this morning, haha
I've cut myself on a few of the blighters
A struggle?

I've been tempted to take a power tool to some of them.
mmmmmm ......... revisitng my original post i would add vacuum packed meat from the supermarket. steaks arrive vacuum packed and i have to cut round them with a sharp knife to get at them. and becasue they are so tightly wrapped you have to cut all the way round and its messy and dangerous cutting under the meat.
thanks Michael but unless the suermarkets and manufacturers change the problem still exists. do you have any interest in PH music apart from the forums? I see you have two posts both on this topic. that behaviour is a little bot like.
© PG Music Forums