PG Music Home
I saved something I did. XXX.sgu.

Can I attach that file to an email so the other person can load it in BIAB?

Billy
How big it it? A lot of email systems won't let you send things more than 25 mb. Outside of that look at wetransfer.com and you can send it that way. Free to use, but you have to register. This is how Rog and I work together.
The free Dropbox is another method of exchanging large files.
I have a pro account on dropbox.

So...I want the other person to see just what I see in BIAB. How should I save the file?
SGU files are tiny. They are text y’all!

Just attach it to an email. Even small photos are hugely larger.

Bud
Put it in the public folder, copy the link and send it via email. Or put it in the public folder and tell them where it is so they can enter said folder and retrieve it.
Thanks Bud and Mario,

All I really wanted to know is if I send you a .sgu file can you load it in your copy of BIAB and see it in chord view. As you say .sgu files are tiny and can go by email.

Thanks,

Billy
Yes. I’m a Mac user and readily swap SGU’s with Windows folks. It works all ways assuming each person has the same RD/RT,MIDI files (necessary for exact duplicate - chords will be there regardless), etc.

Bud
Cool..Bud

Now all I need from you is to find me a urban R&B vocalist for the song!!!

Well...I had to ask...lol

Thanks,

Billy
You said ‘just what I see’. That means, freeze the tracks first. It will make the file larger but still not too large for an email attachment.
Thanks Matt,

I will figure out how to freeze the tracks.
PG Music has made it easy for BIAB users of various versions, packages, and even different computer OS systems to collaborate on projects using email.

BIAB allows users to email directly from the program. It will collect all of the relevant files the project needs, including audio files, assimilate them and email them.
Note doing a collaboration this way allows collaborators to share styles of a particular project. Only a single collaborator has to have a particular style so a user with only a Pro Package can collaborate on a project that originates in an Ultra Package version.

Attached picture Email SGU.JPG

hi

Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Thanks Matt,

just click the snowflake in the BIAB mixer for each track you want to freeze.
you need to do this or BIAB may regenerate your tacks with a slightly different variation each time you load the song.
i always freeze mine once I'm happy with all the tracks, to achieve this freeze each one as you get the right variation and regenerate the unfrozen until they are as you want them
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

Fastest possible way:

Attached picture 2020-10-07_2-22-13.jpg
Thanks guys...I got it.

Billy
© PG Music Forums