PG Music Home
Hi,

I need someone to do the vocal on this. All I need is a sample and how much.

When you hear my vocal you will know why...lol

Short clip.

https://soundcloud.com/planobilly/darling-mp3

Thanks,

Billy

Here are the lyrics.

Darling
Composer William Simmons 1993
Key of A…65 BPM
2 measure click
4 measure intro
V1 A-Darling, A7-it’s been a long long time D-I still got you F#dim-on my worried mind
A-It’s so F#-hard D-when you e-loose the one you A-love-D-A-Eaug
V2-A-Darling-A7-I lay awake at night D-reach over to touch you Dmin- but you’re not here to tonight
A-It’s so F#-hard D-when you e-loose the one you A-love-D-A-A7
Bridge
D-My friends all tell me A-you’ll get over that girl D-it’s been ten long years now I’ve A-searched all over this world D-There’s no F#dim-one who can A-take the place of F#-you
B-I’m hurting girl and I am lonely E-I don’t know what to do
8 Bar solo (starts measure 23)
V3 A-Darling A7-I remember well D- last time I saw you F#dim-in that little seaside hotel
A-It’s so F#-hard D-when you e-loose the one you A-love-D-A-Eaug
V4 A-Darling A7-if you hear this song D-please won’t you F#dim-bring your self on back home
A-and Ab-if-G-you F#-do D-I won’t E-have too be mister A-blue D-A
Bridge
D-My friends all tell me A-you’ll get over that girl D-it’s been ten long years now I’ve A-searched all over this world D-There’s no F#dim-one who can A-take the place of F#-you
B-I’m hurting girl and I am lonely E-I don’t know what to do
V4 A-Darling A7-if you hear this song D-please won’t you F#dim-bring your self on back home
A-and Ab-if-G-you F#-do D-I won’t E-have too be mister A-blue D-A

Have you considered trying Fiverr?

Yep. There have been several excellent Fiverr singers on songs posted to the showcase forum.

Bud
If you go fiverr, your demo is of MUCH higher quality than mine was when I went. Let then know just what you are looking for and how much "personalization" and embellishment you are seeking. If it was me, I'd demo all the relevant parts with your vocals and send them that as a scratch-demo along with the backing.

This guy did great work for me from a demo of MUCH, MUCH worse quality than yours. It seems a lot of other people feel the same about him. He can carry pretty much any style, and has a great range.

https://www.fiverr.com/tonymcelveen316?source=gig_cards&referrer_gig_slug=be-the-ultimate-male-vocalist-for-your-project&ref_ctx_id=80ed703a-52ee-4d4e-a573-b404ddfc647e

Here's the song. He did better when I allowed him to stop imitating my truly awful vocal guide. Just keep listening.

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/cloudy-day
Thanks guys,

I had hired a vocalist from soundbetter who was excellent to sing on the Americana song I tried to create. Cost $320 to do the main vocal and $20 each for the backing vocal tracks. I hired this vocalist solely based on the demo I listen too. He was very professional.

I also paid $120 to a drummer to produce a drum track. He was a nice guy to work with but I wound up putting the track in the trash. As that was an experiment in trying to create a style of music I am not really accustomed too perhaps it worked out a well as can be expected.

As this is some of my first attempts at hiring musicians over the internet I had no idea what to expect both of final product and cost. I assumed that their demos would represent their best work. I really don't know how to find out what the most cost effective ways of dealing with these issues are other than just hiring people and seeing how it works out.

I don't have unlimited money to spend but the final product has to be something I like or why do it.

I spent a couple hours last night looking around on Fiverr. There appears to be a very large range of asking prices for services. I expect to try out a couple of people there to see how it goes.

This entire world of trying to create music electronically and dealing with people over the internet is like moving to another planet for me.

Fortunately there are a lot of really nice people living here on planet BIAB...lol

Cheers,

Billy
Fiverr also has a section dedicated to Country styles. Might help?
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
If you go fiverr, your demo is of MUCH higher quality than mine was when I went. Let then know just what you are looking for and how much "personalization" and embellishment you are seeking. If it was me, I'd demo all the relevant parts with your vocals and send them that as a scratch-demo along with the backing.

This guy did great work for me from a demo of MUCH, MUCH worse quality than yours. It seems a lot of other people feel the same about him. He can carry pretty much any style, and has a great range.

https://www.fiverr.com/tonymcelveen316?source=gig_cards&referrer_gig_slug=be-the-ultimate-male-vocalist-for-your-project&ref_ctx_id=80ed703a-52ee-4d4e-a573-b404ddfc647e

Here's the song. He did better when I allowed him to stop imitating my truly awful vocal guide. Just keep listening.

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/cloudy-day

I think this guy did a good job of singing on a good song. I have spent so much time in Houston I most likely know people in common with this guy. I may write something just for his voice.

I have very rarely experience stage fright in my life on stage live. I have no illusions about my inability to sing but somehow needing to post a vocal I know is pretty horrible on a public forum is well...let's say it is not fun at all...lol Put me on stage with Buddy Guy tonight and I will sing the blues and be OK with how I sound. Some people will actually like it.

Walking into a studio live with just a few session musicians has never been a issue for me. I always felt right at home.

I am a bit of a fish out of water here.

Thanks,

Billy
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Thank you Mr. down under, your always are such a kind person to reach out and help people.

Cheers, M8
You've got it all over me for vocals. I've never been happy with my singing voice, but it's the worst it's ever been at present. Maybe some exercises would help, but I just don't have much privacy. Your demo vox sound fine to me, but I'm just trying to answer the question asked--not butter your toast.

Even before puberty hit, I had a low and scratchy voice. I could do a very good Stevie Knicks or Annie Lennox in octave at karaoke when I was 11-12 years old, but couldn't hit most rock male singers--high or low--in octave. Didn't know what I was singing, but looking back it must have been kinda cute hearing my little self crooning "..Children get older. I'm getting older too."

I hate to record it. I hate to mix it. But I can't just send a lyric sheet to somebody and say "sing this". That's not how I write. I have to carry my own water as a song-writer, but I always want Ray Charles to sing them in the end. That can't happen now, but one must soldier on. And, yes...I suppose some people might occasionally like it. I just won't be one of them.
"And, yes...I suppose some people might like it. I just won't be one of them."

I had to laugh at that remark. I truly understand what you are saying.

It took me forever to get somewhat comfortable with the sound of my own voice.

I had a guy send me a email from Mongolia saying how much he liked a blues I sang. Mongolia? How does that happen.

At the end of the day if you like to create music, just do it. It is really not my place to be so judgemental about my ability to sing...but I don't know how to change that!

You spoke of Ray Charles. When Ray died the Los Angeles representative of the Song Writers Guild of America as me to write a song to be played live at a benefit for Ray's family. That is one time I had stage fright for real. I got through it but I really felt in over my head.

Cheers,

Billy
© PG Music Forums